description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Thursday, February 24, 2011

train rides



Last night I took the late train home, I think it was probably the last train from Jurong to Yishun. Usually the train is packed with a ton of people making their way home all around the northern end of Singapore. I hardly ever see the train this empty, quiet or peaceful. I enjoyed chilling so much on the train that all I did was listen to music and relax for the half hour ride. I did nothing, no japanese, no reading, no video games, no anime. Just music and just being happy. :) I didn't even think of taking a photo till I got off and took a photo of the bus interchange at night. :)

Each morning I take this very train line to work and I have learnt which cabin to enter and where to stand to try and make the transfer at Jurong less stressful. For the most part my strategy works and although I have to stand the entire way for the approximately 45 min journey, I am for the most part lost in my own world with Kajiura's music, FictionJunction, Kalafina and Utada Hikaru blasting in my ear as I try and revise my Japanese, read, surf the net or mobile blog. Sometimes, I would catch up on my anime viewing on my milestone too.

Those moments on the Yishun to Jurong stretch on my way to work are moments that I enjoy and even look forward to before the busy day begins. The transfer to the East-West line at Jurong can get stressful as people do idiotic things to try and either get on the train or get a seat. Yesterday morning I had one of those moments when some idiots pushed their way to the front of the line and the pushed pass people who were trying to get off the train. I was so annoyed. Grrrrrrrrr....

It made me forget that I actually like long train rides and that the biggest reason why I walk so fast from my home to the train station is because I am very impatient to get on the train to start my Monday to Friday me time. :)

Lots have been happening both at work and in my personal life and last night's peaceful train ride was very timely. It was nice to be able to just rest and enjoy the simple pleasures of life. Everyone needs rides like these from time to time I think. :)

p.s. Hmmmm... I think I will try and just do a short little thing on Mahou Shoujo Madoka tonight.  Ep7 was good.  I really don't know for sure where this anime is going to go and I like that. :)

No comments: