description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Friday, February 25, 2011

Mahou Shoujo Madoka ep8 - short gushing post



I couldn't wait to watch ep 8 and so I rushed through lunch so that I could watch a streamed subtitled version. No spoilers for now. Just a quick gushing post before my lunch hour ends. :)

This is a fantastic ep. Not as shocking as some of the previous Eps, in particular Ep3, but it is perhaps a more powerful episode. Lots of powerful emotions are unleashed and lots of good character development. I think Sakura Kyoko is now firmly my number 2 favorite character in this series. And I really like Miki Sayaka lots too after this episode.

Lots of interesting information is revealed or hinted at as well in this episode. And we finally know more about Akemi Homura in this ep and she's very cool.

I am revisiting Mai Hime at the same time as I am watching this series and I just saw the ep where Natsuki and Shizuru fight (trying not to reveal too much here). At the end of that fight Natsuki asks Duran to do something which would affect both Natsuki and Shizuru. I remembered being incredibly moved by that scene and even now, I love that moment.

Two incredibly powerful reps in a day from 2 mahou shoujo series. Fantastic. I am in such a good mood now. :)

No comments: