description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Monday, February 14, 2011

Food!!! 食べ物が大好きです。 (1)

Hi hi... this is my promised post on food.  I'm going to keep it pretty simple actually.  I'll just post photos of food I like, have tried or have eaten.  It's just for fun.  I try and shoot photos of almost everything I eat and they just sit in my hard drives, cameras and phones and do nothing.  After awhile, I can't even remember the names of the dishes and places I ate them at.  So I thought... why not, why don't I just post "nothing" posts of photos of food, after all I love eating and my blog has always been about random stuff I love to do and matter to me and food REALLY matters to me. :)

So here you go guys.... Food, Glorious Food.  Itadakimasu!!!! :)
Bakerzin - salads



I love salads and one of my favourite salads are the two you see above from Bakerzin.  On the left is the Vermicilli Prawn Salad and on the right is the Fruit Salad.


On the left, Wu Xiang.  My mum really loves Wu Xiang but it's really hard to get good ones these days and she can't eat so much fried food or prawns any more. :(  In the middle, Pohpiah which my entire family is crazy about.  My mum used to prepare Pohpiah ingredients at home for us to make our own Pohpiahs and I LOVED THEM but it's a lot of work so she hardly does them any more.  On the right, my and Sunsetrose's favourite Claypot Frog.  I am crazy about them.  It goes really well with the Claypot porridge but the photo I shoot of it was soft so the next time we have them, I'll have to shot photos of it again.  This meal was at a coffeeshop in Yishun Central.


This is Shui Jiao noodles from Crystal Jade Restaurant.  I like them.  I actually really love dumplings and wontons and I could eat them virtually everyday.  My mum makes some killer deep fried Shui Jiaos and I could eat just Shui Jiaos for an entire meal. :)  If I remember correctly, this particular dish of Shui Jiao noodles was eaten at the Holland Village branch when I met up with some of my classmates and schoolmates from the school I studied 3D and VFX at.  We were celebrating my birthday then. :)


I drank my first cup of Earl Grey Gong Cha in Hong Kong last year and it was love at first sip.  I was super excited when Gong Cha opened several branches in Singapore and when I can, I almost always will get myself a cup of Earl Grey Gong Cha at lowest level of sweetness with pearls.  I know some will say that Koi's tea is better.  I've drunk Koi's tea twice and have photos of them somewhere in some hard drive or memory card, but for me, Gong Cha's Earl Grey is still the best. :)


Yummy Singapore styled Western food from cheap but good Western food chain Astons.  On the left is the Double Chicken dish.  I'm not sure if that's the official name of the dish, I've forgotten already.  But it comes with two pieces of chicken fillets done in two different styles, I think one is BBQ and the other is Teriyaki.  If you spot a piece of salmon on that dish... heh heh... it doesn't really belong there, my mum cut off a slice of her salmon fillet and placed it on my dad's chicken dish, so don't go to Astons and demand for your slice of salmon on that dish. :)  On the right is the Wagyu Burger.  It's really huge and yummy.  I love it and have eaten it twice.  I think this is the second time I've had it.

Okay, that's it for today... I'm going to bed now.  I was hoping to sleep by midnight as I didn't have much sleep throughout last week and I'm really feeling it today.  So... hope you enjoy my food photos.  I've got tons more and I will put them up slowly. :)

Good night y'all. :)

2 comments:

sunsetrose said...

I'm salivating!!!! We must must must have our frogs fix soon yeah?

just me said...

Hahahaha... yes, soon, very soon. :)