description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Saturday, February 12, 2011

busy busy

Snacks to keep me
going at work.:)

Wow, this has been a pretty tiring week. I finally finished that horrid shot at work and it has been sent off for approval. So for now, I don't have to stress over it. Yay. :)

Still, I managed to watch Ep 4 and 5 of Mahou Shoujo Madoka and also finished the 7th movie in the Kara no Kyoukai series. I have Ep 6 of Madoka in my phone now, will hopefully get to it over the weekend and may just write a combined post on all 3 eps, we'll see.

Kara no Kyoukai (空の境界) was wonderful. At the heart of all that supernatural mumbo jumbo and, psychological and philosophical musings is a love story of epic Shakespearean proportions. Kajiura Yuki's at her best here.  Her music will leave you with a lingering sense of longing and hope.  The underlying sense of pathos is not just heightened by her masterfully composed score, but also by the achingly beautiful lyrics of the end themes, and the hauntingly evocative vocals of the Kalafina girls.

For sure, Kara no Kyoukai will be an anime that you either love or hate but it is unlikely that you will not have a strong reaction to it. I loved it. :)

Unfortunately, my bus-stop is approaching. Later. :)

No comments: