description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Lisani! vol.15 ~ Mahou Shoujo Madoka / Kajiura Yuki / Kalafina


Most of the time, if I buy the Lisani! magazine, it is because Kajiura Yuki, FictionJunction or Kalafina is featured in the magazine.  This time, it's no exception.  Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magika's 3rd movie opened on the 26th October and Lisani! did a feature on the music that's used in the series and the films.  I wanted to pick it up while I was in Japan but I could not find a bookshop when I was in Yamansahi and the bookshop in Haneda Airport did not carry it.

So I waited till the Anime Festival Asia 2013 to see if Lisani! will open a booth there.  If they had a booth there and this magazine was available, I would pick it up.  If not, I would order it from CDJapan.  Happily for me, it was available so I bought it on the spot. :)

The two lead mahou shoujos in the Mahou Shoujo Madoka anime are featured on the cover of vol.15 of this magazine that is devoted to anisong music.  It comes packed with a freed CD from GARNiDELiA but I haven't listened to it yet, nor did I shoot a photo of it because it's not my primary interest for getting this volume.  Lisani!'s website has a few pages which preview the contents of this volume... click me to see them.

The Mahou Shoujo Madoka material is from page 6 to 29 which is a good 23 pages long.  That's not bad.

  

this is from Lisani
The first few pages give an overview of all the music that was used in the series and has picture of of each of the items that were released with the music, including unreleased items like the Limited Edition Blu-ray boxset of the Madoka anime...

Puella Magi Madoka Magica Blu-ray Disc Box / Animation

.... and the music collection of all the music that was released with the LE single disc releases of the series two years ago.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica Music Collection / Animation

If I didn't already have all the music that I care about in the above music collection, I would definitely pick this music collection up.

There is a section on Claris and the composer of the song.  Followed by a 6 page spread on Kalafina. :)

this is from Lisani
  

And of course I had to shoot a closer shot of Keiko's solo photo. :P  But I also included Wakana's and Hikaru's because of my fellow Kalafina fan friends, one likes Wakana best, the other Hikaru best. :)

After which there is another 6 page spread devoted to the soundtrack and Kajiura Yuki, the composer, and Tsuruoka Yota the sound director.  No photos of either of them but the article is peppered with art from the anime.



For those who wish to purchase this volume... here is the link to the product page on CDJapan.  Click me.

The Japanese used in the Lisani! magazine is hard.  Someday, I hope to be able to read it with ease.  And when I can, I will attempt to do simple translations of them.  But that's a long way off... now I must get ready for classes. :P  Ganbarimasu!! :)

No comments: