description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Friday, April 12, 2013

Kalafina ~ Consolation - unboxing part 5

It's taken a while but I will finish the unboxing of the Consolation album with this post. :)  It was a pretty frustrating day at work for me actually... but I think working on the blog will help me unwind... so here goes... :)

This post will contain photos of the jewel case, the CD, the BD and the insert booklet. :)



The photos included in the insert booklet for the jewel case has the same look and feel of the photo book that accompanies the Limited Edition releases.

Interestingly, instead of Wakana in the centre of the photo on the cover of the booklet, we have Keiko.  I found it interesting because Wakana was in the centre in the photos on the slipcase.  This leaves me wondering if the booklet has different cover photos for the 3 releases since the slipcase cases for all editions feature Wakana in the centre in all of them.  Also, usually it is Hikaru who is the main feature in the CD+BD releases, Wakana's the main feature in the CD+DVD and Keiko is the main feature in the CD only regular edition.  I might be over thinking things though. :)

Alrighty, that's it for now... I may get around to writing a first impressions or comment on this album.  I would like to but I can take a very long time over these kinds of posts and I'm not sure if I have the time or energy to do it.  For now... I'll just say that I really like most of the new songs.  My current favourite is Signal, followed by Door and then by Obbligato.

I hope you who have heard the album enjoyed it too. :)  And if you haven't bought it yet, please do if you can afford it.  Feel free to use these CDJapan links if you wish.  :)

Regular Edition

Limited Edition + DVD

Limited Edition + Blu-ray

Meanwhile... I'll go see if I can get more info on the July release of the 3 Disc LE boxset release of the Mahou Shoujo Madoka movies which I pre-ordered just after lunch this afternoon. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I just got my Album, and you're correct. I have Wakana. When I open the Jewel case, I see Wakana has the back of the slip cover with the lyrics. But everything else is the same lol.

Unknown said...

I bought the CD+DVD version, not the Blu-ray one~

just me said...

Hi Konno Asami,

Thanks for the confirmation. Which means that as usual, we have Hikaru on the back of the insert booklet for the CD+BD release and Wakana on the CD+DVD, which means Keiko's on the RE version.

So I wasn't over thinking things. :)