description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Japan trip 5 - day 1 backtrack 1


i usually prefer to fly in and out of haneda airport these days but as we were trying to get discount tickets from ANA and they sold out pretty fast, we had to fly into Narita on tues trip.

we had a pretty full day planned so we decided to buy express tickets to save some time.


It was a pretty pleasant ride on the keisei liner to nippori. Although, the blue skies did go away sometime later in the day, it remained a hot and somewhat humid day.

Our first stop was our hotel in Ikebukuro where I was suppose to pick up my b-mobile SIM card but it had not arrived yet. :( So i was unable to mobile blog and go online all day... i was kind of bummed about that.

After we sorted out our luggage and everything, we headed to Shinjuku to buy Odakyu Romance Car tickets and the Hakone free pass for Sunday as well as tickets to Fujisawa for Saturday.

2 comments:

YTSL said...

I've only ever taken buses from Narita to Tokyo. Is it easy/easier for one -- complete with one fairly big bag of luggage -- to go by train instead?

just me said...

Hi YTSL :)

I am back from Japan. :)

I usually only take the trains from Narita/Haneda to Tokyo and the limo buses from Tokyo to Narita/Haneda.

Usually, when I fly into Japan, it's at a time when I won't really hit the peak of the rush hour on a weekday. When that happens, I will take the trains and it's pretty simple. Even with my large duffel bag, the trains aren't so horribly crowded that you would annoy anyone.

I usually take the Keisei Liner from Narita to Nippori and then change to the Yamanote JR line to either Shinjuku or Ikebukuro, the who areas I like to stay in the most. The change over at Nippori to the Yamanote Line is pretty simple and pretty clearly marked and doesn't involve manhandling you luggage too much.

You may encounter a flight or two of stairs but unless you have a HUGE luggage bag or a heavy luggage bag, it should be easy enough to manage.

BUT if you fill up on stuff before you return home from Japan, take the bus. It's much easier that way. I usually do that because I don't want to deal with large bags and extra plastic bags etc on the trains.

cheers