description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Monday, July 23, 2012

Manga Time Kirara Magika Vol.1 2012 July Issue

This post is dedicated to the Manga Time Kiara Magika magazine which is a comics magazine that's devoted to the Mahou Shoujo Madoka anime.  I haven't had too much time so haven't really tried reading too much of it.  I read a couple of pages though and the thing that I will have some trouble with is the Kanji.  There is no furigana which is painful for me because there will have to be a lot of dictionary checking.

I realised that I should have shot more photos but the magazine was one of a number of things I shot photos of one hot Wednesday afternoon and I think I wasn't really thinking by the time I got to it, hence, only three photos.

Well, still with 3 photos, I think you can get the picture of what kind of a magazine it is. :)  It's really more or less a collection of comics, something like Shonen Jump or something similar.  The only thing is that this entire volume is dedicated to the Mahou Shoujo Madoka franchise.  This issue starts of with a short announce of the first two movies of the planned three movies for Mahou Shoujo Madoka.

The majority of this magazine is in black & white.  There are several full coloured pages in the beginning.  There is a two page time-line of the events that take place in the anime and CD Drama.  Then there is a three page interview dedicated to Aoi Yuuki, the seiyuu for Kanome Madoka.  That's followed by another 3 page interview with Akiyuki Shinbo,the director of the anime.



The rest of the magazine is mostly made up of various comics.  The majority of the pages are in b&w but there are several full coloured pages scattered throughout the magazine.  Some are serialized comics, some are 4 panel comics and some are one-offs.

As usual, I got my copy from CDJapan.  Here is the direct product page link for those who wish to buy the manga.

No comments: