description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Saturday, January 15, 2011

lunch box of love


This is my mum, busy in the kitchen as she often is. I was messing around with the android phone app, Vignette, when I shot what turned out to be a pretty representative picture of my mum and how she expresses her love for me each and every single day.

Each day I carry a little lunch box to work. I don't pack this lunch box myself. My mum does it. It's also not filled up with left overs from dinner. Instead, mum would wake up 6 every morning to prepare me a healthy and delicious meal each day.

Sometimes she would pack in little treats like jello, or heh heh a bottle of birdsnest. She'll also boil fresh water and make me a flask of hot tea to take with me each day.

Chinese parents aren't like western parents. They don't say they love you out loud. Instead they express their love in the little things they do. They express their love through the food they make for you or buy for you. Each day when I eat my lunch, I am reminded of just how loved I am. :)

Ah... ... ... I am a fortunate person. :) And both my parents are great and are the biggest reasons why I came home from the US and why I chose to stay. Home is truly where the heart is. :)

2 comments:

sunsetrose said...

Wahhhh....u are one blessed girl you know that? I'm so glad we are both so blessed with great parents. My mom doesn't tell me she loves me but I never doubt for a moment that she does because when I'm home for the weekend or for CNY, she really treats me like her little princess :)

just me said...

Hahaha... I know I am one blessed gal Sunsetrose. :) It's nice to have awesome parents, isn't it? :)

We should meet again soon after CNY maybe. Have some claypot frogs and you can come hangout or something. And I promise not to force you to watch Kalafina and FictionJunction all night long this time. :D