description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Sunday, January 02, 2011

テスト 二回 and "magia"

I've just returned home right now and hence have some more time to test out this blogger-droid software a little more. So far it seems to be working better than blogaway which has problems publishing my posts more often than i like.

I have discovered that blogger-droid doesn't like it when i try and edit the post. But this is still better than blogaway which would allow me to edit the post but would destroy the formatting in the process.

Anyway, i thought that since i would like to test how well this software works so that i can decide if i want to purchase it, i might as well change some of the preference settings and write a proper post. :)

So... attached to this post is a scan of an A4 size leaflet announcing the soon to be released anime Puella Magi Madoka Magica. My major interest in this anime is the participation of Kajiura Yuki and Kalafina. Kajiura is the soundtrack composer and Kalafina will sing the end theme of this anime. The title of this track is called "Magia" and i was one of the lucky ones to have heard the song already. This song has not been released to my knowledge and it has only been sung at the lives held in Dec 2010. I received this leaflet at the concert in Dec.

To tell you the truth, i don't remember the song in detail because i was too busy just listening to it. Hahaha... it may sound strange but that's the way i listen to any song, i just listen to it first to see what my general reaction is and then listen to it again if i like it. My first impression of "magia" is that i rather like it. If i remember correctly, it begins with a rousing drum sequence and the song seems particularly suited for Keiko's deeper and more powerful vocals a la Joan Jett, one of my favourite rockers from the 80s. The song seems to be a rock song closer in spirit to Kalafina's song Ongaku which is nice since Ongaku was one of my favourite songs performed at the live. Although "magia" has a heavier beat like Ongaku and some of Kajiura's heavier songs, i do remember thinking that it was still relatively different from most of Kajiura's music with the soaring operatic vocals etc and this was a nice change of pace. Still i will need to hear the song again since once is certainly not enough for me to say anything in detail especially since i was also caught up in the atmosphere in the concert hall and the excitment of being at the live.

I'm not sure how well "magia" will fit as an end theme song for a magical girl anime but it the anime is closer in spirit to Mai Hime, then it may work very well. I am totally looking forward to the release of the song regardless. :)

K, that's it for now. Let's publish to see how well this software works. :)
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments: