description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Eastern europe day 7


It's day 7 of the tour and we're in Warsaw, Poland. I must confess that I was some what disappointed initially when we first entered the city last night. The city looked ever bit as grimy and drab as the worst parts of Los Angeles, USA. The thing I liked best before we began our city tour was the hotel we stayed in and the really nice complimentary breakfast. But the city tour really opened my eyes and I'm now fully appreciative of the chaotic architectural charm of Warsaw. The first stop for the day is Lazienki Park. The 74 hectare park was part of the residence of Stansilaw August Poniatowski, the last monarch of Poland. The above photo is that of the famed composer Chopin. I love this park. We took a relaxed 20 min stroll through the park and went past the palace and other historical buildings. The shutterbugs in my group, me included :-) , took photos with wild abandonment. I think it's because we feel like we've been let out of prison as the rain finally stopped falling this morning.

No comments: