description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Eastern europe day 5


This is the University Quarter. This is part of the old university, i think. There is a story about how a very smart woman, who became king of Poland donated all her jewellery to built the university or something like that. I need to check this story. I don't remember some of it and some of it i couldn't quite here. There were a look of loud school children around and it was also raining so it was hard to gather around the guide. It's summer hols now in Poland so lots of school kids on excursions in the city. Anyway, apparently nicolas coppericus studied here.

4 comments:

sunsetrose said...

who is nicolas coppericus?

just me said...

Hahahaha...

Spelling error. You know that spelling isn't exactly my strongest suit. =)

It should be Nicolaus Copernicus, a rather famous scientist / mathematician.

url: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolaus_Copernicus

cheers

sunsetrose said...

Icic. Will check it out when I have time. I'm sure my lecturer colleagues will know who he is. Found out another interesting thing. On the 22nd of July, my dept celebrating Pi Approximation Day. 22/7. Get it? We buying pies for tea and everyone is going to eat pies. Cool huh?

just me said...

OMG, that is hilarious. I like it, Pi Approximation Day, trust the academics at the U to think of something like that.

So what kind of pie will you bring?