description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Friday, July 18, 2014

Kalafina's THE BEST "Red" / "Blue" tops sales charts ~ omedetou!


I've noticed for about two days or so that Kalafina's THE BEST "Red" / "Blue" albums have been topping the anime songs sales chart on Amazon Japan and I actually even started writing a post on it two nights ago but stopped because I was too tired from doing the un-boxing post on the night of the 15th.  Dang it... missed a chance to get a scoop. :P


Source: Amazon JP, on the left ~ screen cap of the music sales chart, on the right ~ screen cap of the anime music sales chart.

Well...today several music sites are reporting that Kalafina's topped the anime sales charts on Amazon JP, itunes, online hi-res music store "mora" etc.  On Amazon JP, they did more than just top the anime sales charts, they topped the overall music sales charts till sometime late this afternoon when it was over taken by releases from boy bands Tokio and Kis-My-Ft2.  Even as I am writing this, Kalafina's two albums are still the top selling titles on the anime sales list at Amazon Japan.

The albums did pretty well on the Oricon daily sales charts too.  It debuted at 4th for the Blue album and 5th for the Red album on the 15th July and move further up the chart to 2nd and 3rd positions on the 16th July.


source: Oricon

I'm not sure if they'll sell enough to rank within the top 5 on the weekly charts but this is pretty good for two best-of albums I think.

It's pretty clear though which album is the more popular album.  The "Blue" album comes out tops in all the lists.  I suspect that it maybe because of the newly released "heavenly blue" track that's on this CD and the contents of the BD that's included in the "Blue" album.  Most fans have already seen the live that's included on the the "Red" album.  That's the 5th Anniversary live and the tracks on the BD had already been featured in a WOWOW program earlier this year.  On the other hand, the BD on the "Blue" album featured their live performance at Lisani! Live-4 of which only two songs were released previously.

Okay... that's probably it for me for now... I had a major external HD crash on me earlier in the night and am trying to recover data from the failed drive.  It seems to be going fine... if it does its thing like it's suppose to do, I can go to bed soon. Fingers crossed! :)

ps.  Please do buy the albums if you can afford them. :)  If you like, you are welcomed to use the webstore I use. Links below...

THE BEST "Red" Limited Edition

THE BEST "Blue" Limited Edition

THE BEST "Red" Regular Edition

THE BEST "Blue" Regular Edition

No comments: