description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Kalafina The Best "Red" / "Blue" new tokuten announcements make me want to jump through hoops

The new tokuten announcements for Kalafina's first best-off album releases are sooooo tempting.  They either make me want to buy extra copies of the albums or jump through hoops to purchase them..... arrrrgggghhhh....

All these tokutens are only available if a set of two of these albums are purchased from the same shop or same chain.  It's a little complicated.  Most of the stores require the purchase of either both the LE versions or both the RE versions except for Toranoana which I think requires the purchase of at least one of the LE version and one of the RE versions.  If I read it correctly, you can't simply buy two copies of the same album, it has to be one Red and one Blue.  This will most likely not affect most of us overseas fans since I think, if I read it correctly, most of them are only available if you purchase from the brick & mortar store in Japan.  The only exception is Sofmap.  Their tokuten is also available if you purchase both albums using their webshop.  I could be wrong though because my Japanese isn't that great yet but it should be more or less correct.  So if you're in Japan during the release, you may want to try and score one of these tokutens but make sure you ask first before actually purchasing the albums.

Here are the pictures of the new tokuten releases.

Animate


I really like this.  This special slipcase that will keep both the Red and Blue albums.  Looks super nice and I really like that cover too.

Gamers


Those who make the purchase from Gamers get this poster but they didn't say what size the poster is.

Sofmap


Those who make their purchase from Sofmap get this mousepad.  This is way nicer than the mousepads we'll be getting from CDJapan. (╥_╥)

Toranoana


Those who get their's from the Toranoana shops will get this A3 poster.

The two that I want the most is the mousepad from Sofmap and that slipcase from Animate.  ARRRGGGGHHHHH.... times like these... I wish I lived in Japan.... *sulk

Ah well... for us overseas fans, the only thing we can do is support by buying the albums.  I guess, at least we do get tokutens.  The ufotable tokutens are usually only available if purchased from ufotable's webstore or their cafes which sucks for us too. :(

For those who wish to use CDJapan, you are welcome to use these links.  CDJapan is giving out mousepads with these and so far, there will be no special tokutens if you purchase both CDs.  You'll just get two of the same mousepads....sadly. :(

THE BEST "Red" Limited Edition

THE BEST "Blue" Limited Edition

THE BEST "Red" Regular Edition

THE BEST "Blue" Regular Edition

The pocket message should have changed by now but I'm kinda busy so I probably won't attempt to view it till tomorrow night.  Also, I have another Kajiura Yuki post and a FictionJunction related post to do... I'll see if I can do all those tomorrow night too.  For now... that's it for now... I have to go get some other stuff done.

cheers

7 comments:

ClaraS said...

Me toooooo!! YoY

just me said...

LOL !! :)

Silentwolf87 said...

do you think the booklet for both red and blue will be the same?

i'm having a mixed feeling of getting red LE or RE.

because the BD on red RE is 5th aniv, which i already have. hmm :\

btw are u taking both red and blue for LE?

just me said...

Silentwolf87,

I don't know if the booklet will be the same. I'm hoping not.

I'm a bit bummed about that BD on the Red LE too because the track list for that is out and there isn't anything new, I think. As in, all the released tracks are those in the WOWOW live which I also have. :(
http://www.koepota.jp/news/2014/07/01/0301.html


I have ordered the LE for both the Red and Blue album. It's status is "in shipping process" at cdjapan and I used Fedex for this. Depending on when they actually ship it, I expect to get this either on the date of it's release or very soon after. I'm thinking I'm likely to get this on Wednesday or Thursday.

If you wait till the end of the week, when I get both these albums, I'll let you know if the booklets are different. :)

cheers

Silentwolf87 said...

huhu, if i waited, then i might miss the 1st press bonus.. huhu.. guess i might as well go with LE for RED.. huhu..

i hv to agree with you, that sofmap's mouse pad looks more nicer then cdj's...

and animate's slip case... arrgghh.. wished that i was there in jp.. huhu..

just me said...

Hi Silentwolf87,

Ahhhhh yes, the 1st press bonus. Indeed, you might not be able to get it if you order too late. The last I looked they seem to have 20 pieces left.

I should be getting mine in the mail tomorrow actually. :) Yay for FEDEX.

If you can wait till tomorrow, I could let you know if the booklets are the same. If you miss the 1st Press Bonus because of that, don't worry. I will be getting two of the same mousepads because I got both the albums. If you miss that bonus because you waited, I'll send you my extra copy. :)

just me said...

Hi Silentwolf87,

The albums have arrived. Unfortunately I can't do a proper unboxing but i did open them up to check and will do a quick tease thing during lunch via mobile blogging.

But I can quickly confirm that the booklets are NOT the same. :)

cheers