description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Kajiura Yuki gently teases Kalafina's Keiko on twitter :)

This is, like the previous post, about a tweet that was made sometime back.  This time it's Kajiura Yuki's tweet.  Just so we're on the same page... this isn't recent. :P

Gomen... I really wanted to write about it immediately after I read it but I was too busy and there was really a lot that has been on my mind in the last 6 months and is still playing in my head :( ... unfortunately... a lot of things just keep falling by the wayside. :(

But I when I read those tweets, I really did LOL... and I don't know how many people saw it since it wasn't a huge joke or anything and it was just a few tweets that Kajiura Yuki wrote in the middle of 39 tweets that she wrote on the 20th June. :) Yup... she seems to be as prolific a tweeter as she is a music composer. :) 

Anyway, on the 20th June, Keiko wrote a blogpost on Kalafina's official blog. CLICK ME to go to the post.  The post is titled 『かみきり虫君』 .  かみきり虫 is the Japanese name for the long-horned beetle.

Since, I'm going to talk about Keiko's blogpost, I think I'll just give a short, paraphrased in parts and not word-for-word translation of her blogpost before I get to Kajiura Yuki's tweets. :)

In the post, aside from talking about cheering on Japan at the World Cup,  Keiko talks about seeing a cute long-horned beetle while on set one day.  She took a photo of the beetle and while she doesn't love or hate insects, she seemed fascinated by this particular beetle.  The lines that Keiko wrote about the beetle is accompanied by a cute photo of her smiling at a speechless beetle. :)


Keiko continues by poking fun at Wakana and Hikaru who are apparently not very fond of bugs.  Keiko wrote "WakanaとHikaruはたまたま車の中にいたので良かったです。二人とも本当に虫が苦手なので、ここにいたら…って思うと(笑)".  She said here it was a good thing that both Wakana and Hikaru were in the car because both of them really don't like bugs.  If they where there (with Keiko), then she thinks it'll be ..... (laugh).

Aside: LOL.... I think it would be 大騒ぎですね、Keikoさん。:)

Keiko then writes, "いつも虫がいると、私は戦士になり二人を守ります。←大袈裟(笑)".  It seems that if there are insects around, Keiko will turn into a warrior and protect the other two members of Kalafina.  ← huge laugh

小学生の頃、バッタの親子とか捕まえたり、カイコを繭になるまで育てたり、カマキリも日が暮れるまで観察したり、よくよく考えたら男の子みたい(*´∇`*)エヘ
When she was a primary school student, she would catch grasshoppers, raise silkworms till they become cocoons, observe the mantis for hours, on thinking hard about it, it seems quite boyish. :)

あ、でも今やれと言われたら無理です(笑)さすがにカイコは飼えない(笑)
でも、懐かしいな。。。
Okay, I'm not entirely certain what she means by this.  But I think she's saying something like...  If asked to do it now, it would be impossible. (laugh).   As expected, she could not keep the silkworm (laugh).  But still, it's nostalgic...

Aside: I think Keiko being quite unafraid of insets, as opposed to Wakana and Hikaru, has been mentioned before somewhere.  Perhapes in one of those numerous talk shows that Japanese artists attend or in a written source etc.  I'm not sure but I still enjoyed reading about it.  Maybe it's because I can actually read  Keiko's post relatively well now, I just need a dictionary for the vocabulary and I'm probably missing some of her nuances and I'm possibly a little inaccurate here and there... but I'm kinda glad I can read a lot of it... makes me feel like all my years of studying Japanese hasn't gone down the drain.. :P

Keiko then writes:
昆虫だけじゃなく、生き物を飼育したり触れ合ったりした小学生の想い出。
今の時代もやるのかな…
Here I think she's saying that she not just remembers her experience with insects in her primary school days. She's also recollects her primary school days when she used to come into contact and breed other living creatures.  And she wonders if they still do that (in school) these days.

We're getting close to the bit which caused Kajiura Yuki to write the tweets that teased Keiko.

Here Keiko writes this:
楽しい想い出がほとんどですが、唯一孔雀の飼育小屋に入るのだけは恐る恐るだったかな…(笑)私中学生まで身長が伸びなくて小さかったので、孔雀の方が明らかに大きくてかなりびびっていました(笑)
She says that it was mostly pleasant memories, except for an experience with the peacock.  When she enters the shed that housed the peacock, she would enter it fearfully.
She did not grow taller till she was in junior high school so she was still small.  The peacock is clearly larger than her so she was quite afraid of it. (laugh)

After that she goes on to talk about what Kalafina will be up to on their radio program Kalafina Club but I won't go into that.

This is the part when Kajiura Yuki reacts by writing three tweets about Keiko.  At least, I think the third one is still about Keiko.  (I checked this with a friend, I shouldn't have 2nd guessed myself, the last line is about Keiko.) :)

Here is what Kajiura Yuki writes:

source

Here she writes that Kalafina's blog has been updated and she's reading it.  She then quotes Keiko's line:

 "「私中学生まで身長が伸びなくて小さかったので」"

...and adds this bit which I find quite cute for some reason "byけいこちゃん……(・_・o)ン?"  which translates into "by Keiko chan..... (・_・o)ン? emoticon".   (・_・o)ン?  looks like a head scratch accompanied by a "huh?" emoticon. :)

Then Kajiura Yuki writes:

いやいまでもちいさ………ううん、なんでもない。
No, even now (Keiko) is still small...... um, never mind.

Then Kajiura Yuki writes:

(小学生までどれだけミニマムだったというのけいこよ……!)

(How small were you in elementary school, Keiko....!)

Actually, I have no idea if anyone other than Kajiura Yuki and I, and maybe Keiko, found it amusing. :P  Ah well, I found it amusing enough to write about it.  Good thing this is my blog so I can write about anything I want. :P

Anyway, that's it from me... off to bed.... quite busy these days but I may try and write another Kalafina related post tonight/tomorrow early morning... for now... oyasumi. :)

No comments: