description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Friday, July 12, 2013

Le Portrait de Petit Cossette ~ Blu-ray Release


http://www.cossette.jp/

I read about the upcoming release of the 2004 anime Le Portrait de Petit Cossette from the Mahou Shoujo Madoka twitter account a day or two ago. I've always been curious about this anime but have yet to watch it.  Part of my interest is because Kajiura Yuki wrote the OST and theme song (Hoseki) for this anime and I really liked the music.

You may be wondering what the link to Mahou Shoujo Madoka is.  Well, one of the animes that served as Urobuchi Gen's inspiration when he was writing Mahou Shoujo Madoka was Petit Cosette.  Also, in one of the interviews he gave, he said that he wanted to work with Kajiura Yuki after listening to the OST for Petit Cosette.

Also, aside form sharing the same OST composer, Petit Cosette also shares the same director as Mahou Shoujo Madoka.  Akiyuki Shinbo directed both animes.

For those who may also be interested in getting this BD Release.  This is being sold as a Limited Edition.  So it comes with all 3 episodes of the OVA on the BD, a CD with the theme song Hoseki by Inoue Marina, and a booklet.  The BD's packaging will also be drawn by Suzuki Hirofum who was the character designer for the OVA.

I'm interested in getting this but we'll see... I don't like the horror genre and this looks creepy... so I don't know if I will pick it up.  I am thinking about it but I am a bit scared to buy it... hahahahaha... I think if anything I will try and buy the Kajiura Yuki Memorial Book first before I purchase this. :)

For those who are interested, the CD Japan's link is up already.  Here you go... click on the picture to jump to the product page.

Le Portrait de Petit Cossette (Cossette no Shozo) / Animation

K... time to sleep.  Good night!! :)

No comments: