description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Japan trip 4 - Day 3 - Kajiura Yuki Live Vol.8 - FJ Club exclusives

Long long day at work today and had dinner at 1220am... not the healthiest thing to do :( ... I'm going to have to try and keep this as short as possible.

I was very fortunate and managed to get the sing a song single and scorebook that was only for sale to FictionJunction Club members.  Itsuko is a member of the fanclub and each member is allowed to buy 2 copies of the single and the scorebook, so I lucked out and managed to get myself one of each too. :)

Here are the photos of the "sing a song" FJC club exclusive single.  Pretty standard stuff actually, except the inclusion of a score for the "sing a song" song in the CD booklet.



Here are photos of the "sing a song" scorebook.



The scorebook is kind of cool.  It even indicates which part is sung by which one of the FictionJunction singers.

Sadly, my scorebook got a little wet from the rain that day so it does look a little worse for wear.

 

I think that there is a printing error in this score book.  Page 3 of the scorebook indicates that Kaida sang this solo line but I'm positive that it's actually Keiko that sings the line "かな -- しみ - がくれたう - た”.  Firstly, that voice sounds nothing like Yuriko Kaida's voice.  Also, the scorebook indicates that Kaida gets a second solo line just after Yuuka's.  And if the scorebook is to be believe, then Keiko gets no solo lines which would be odd since it would mean that she would be the only one of the vocalists not to get a solo line.

As for the songs themselves, I haven't really had time to really digest them.  The sing a song song is written in the style of what I guess is best describes as a "school song".  Maybe something that's sung at a graduation or something.  It's all right I guess but I think I would have preferred something more upbeat, something more like Everlasting Song.  That said, this song is probably easy enough for most people to sing without too much difficulty which maybe why it was written this way since this song is the FictionJunction Club song.

The b-side song silent moon's main singer is Nanri Yuuka and is sung a cappella with the other FJ vocalists in support. It's actually kind of nice, very listen-able and my favourite part of the song is when they all harmonize their "la la la la la..."  The melody is not the most complex and it's not one of those experimental type compositions.  However, I believe that sometimes less is best, especially when it's a cappellasilent moon is lovely in it's simplicity and I like it for that reason.  I can see it being a nice breathe of fresh air each time it comes up in my playlist on my portable player.  95% of the songs in my player are written by Kajiura Yuki and I play them on random and loop and I certainly cannot think of any other song in my player that sounds like this.  So while this may not be a stand-out track in a CD full of a cappella music, this song can definitely hold its own because of how different it is from the other material in Kajiura Yuki's career.

Okie dokie... time for me to hit the haystack.  The next two days will be long days but thankfully it's not all work related.  I'm suppose to go watch a performance tomorrow night and have dinner with friends I haven't seen in a long time on Friday.  I'm off to store energy for two days of work and two nights of fun. :)  Good night. :)

No comments: