description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Singapore Night Festival 2015

Last night I went to the Singapore Night Festival and it was really fun.  This isn't my first time at the eight year old festival.  I went last year too which was also very cool.  I usually don't like crowds and I will only go join one at events which I really, really, really want to attend like concerts, anime festivals etc.

So last year, I finally went to the festival and it was really cool.  Best part about it was that it's all free which is even cooler. LOL. :P

Anyway, I need to try and do some homework before class.  I'll just do a short write up, post up a few photos and an animated gif I made.  I partly want to test out how animated gif works in blogger too. :P

This is the animated gif I made.  It's the first one I've ever made too, so it's nothing fancy.  Just something I threw together from a couple of photos.  This is the light projection display on the National History Museum, This is Anooki Celebrate Singapore.  I didn't shoot video so there isn't any sound.  The music and the audio is really cute too.  I totally loved it. :)


Oh... looks like it's working quite well.  So... all one has to do is upload an animated gif directly to blogger and it'll just work. Okay lah... I'm quite swaku about these things. :P
I also saw the the A Little Nonya's Dream light animation in the National History Museum itself.  It was quite cute, I liked it too.  I don't have very nice photos of it, I was mostly just watching and I took a couple of hurried snap shots just in case I wanted to blog a little about the festival.  So here you go, one photo that does it no justice.  The actual thing is very nice. :)


Here are a two photos of the illuminations around the area.  I didn't take many photos.  I was mostly just walking around soaking up the atmosphere which was very good. Lots of people enjoying themselves. :)

 
CLICK ME

I particularly liked these roving drummers.  This is Spark! by World Beaters Music LLP.  We didn't know where they would be roving around because I didn't know the schedule is on the SNF's website. I provided the link above, if you're thinking of going to the festival next weekend, it would be a good idea to check out the programmes and events that will be going on for both days.

  

They were really cool and funny.  They would look for a single person or groups of people and play around them.  My photos aren't that good but my mum shot a few nice ones, I'll share two of them here with you guys. :)

 

The one I regret not going earlier to try and get a better spot was the Alchemy performance by Starlight Alchemy at the Singapore Art Museum.  It looked quite good from where I was from but we really could see much at all.  It was very crowded.  Unfortunately, they only performed this on the 21st Aug / 22nd Aug. :(

This was all I was able to see and that was when no one blocked me and when I raised my phone as high as I could.

 

Most of the time though, I was watching the performance through my friend's handphone which he held up high for the duration of the performance so that a short person like me could also enjoy the event somewhat. :)


This was my view most of the time. LOL

After that it was off to the Public Garden event at Chijmes because one of my friends is doing sketching there.


That's that, the end of our visit to the night festival last night. :)  Okay.... off to do some homework. :P

No comments: