description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Monday, August 17, 2015

Kalafina ~ One Light - RE & LE CDs unboxing

Ahhhhhhhhhh.... you have no idea how less stress I feel now that one portion of my work has been completed and delivered.  I delivered it at 4am last night so have only slept 3 hours and am still feeling kind of a delirious high one gets when you body compensates for the lack of sleep by pumping you full of strange chemicals. :P  I was barely surviving for the last 2 to 3 weeks.  I really couldn't deal with very much else except work for a while.  There's still a lot of work to be done and this week will probably see more OT.  But the days of working till 3 to 4 am should be over for now. :)

So although I prefer to blog at night rather than before work, I do have a little time to blog since I decided not to do my morning exercise routine in favour of extra sleep so since there is a window of opportunity, I'll take it. :)

It'll be picture heavy again since I do have to go to work in a bit. :)

First up Regular Edition photos.

    


These are photos of the Limited Edition with DVD.

      

These are the photos of the Limited Edition with the BD.

     

As usual, Keiko's solo photo is in the Regular Edition, Wakana's is in the LE+ DVD and Hikaru's is in the LE+BD.

I really like their new image for One Light. To be honest, I'm not really into a lot of their previous costumes and image, especially their earliest image.  It's okay I guess but unlike some of their other fans, I didn't love it.  But I do LOVE their music. :D I like this all black and more streamline image.  I don't know, they just look more lethal and smoking hot to me. :P

As for the songs, I really like the coupling songs in this double B-side single release.  Seriously, Kalafina's coupling songs are often of such good quality, it makes buying their singles really worth it. Quite a few of these songs don't make it into the albums so the only way to own legit copies of them is to buy the singles, whether it is the physical disc or the digital release.

I don't dislike One Light and I really love that chorus but I much prefer the simple less complex sound of Mahiru and Samidare ga Sugita Koroni.  I think that Mahiru and Samidare really bring out their harmony a lot more.  One Light has so much happening that their lovely three person harmony isn't as obvious.  But I really, really, really love that chorus in One Light. LOL

Okay, I have to dash soon.  I'll do the Anime Edition later tonight and maybe talk even more about the songs or maybe some other stuff. :)

If you're interested in the vinyl unboxing, CLICK ME.

Before I go, my usual.... please do buy this release if you are a Kajiura Yuki or Kalafina fan and you can afford it. :)

One Light [w/ DVD, Limited Edition / Type A]

One Light [w/ BD, Limited Edition / Type B]

One Light [Regular Edition]

One Light [w/ DVD, Limited Pressing] (anime version)

One Light [Analog Edition] (but sold out almost everywhere except from resellers)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is honestly one of my favorite singles from Kalafina. Every song on this single is on point and "One Light" is my jam lol~~~ Sad the sales are lower than "Ring Your Bell", but I personally think people are saving for their album next month (omg can't wait lol).

just me said...

I probably don't like One Light as much as you, although I really love that chorus. :)
I love the coupling songs though. And I really really really like Samidare.

I guess with Kalafina, ending up in the Top 10 is good enough for me these days because sometimes, I don't know how many people really appreciate Kajiura Yuki's and Kalafina's music. It's not terribly anisong or typical j-pop IMO. But I love it. :)

As big fans we of course would like to see them sell container loads of CDs but I rather they keep making music which I like or find interesting then pander to popular taste to sell more singles.

You are right though, the album is coming out next month and with the addition of the vinyl edition, fans like me, who buy all versions have one more version to add to our cost. *sweat So some people may be holding back since One Light will be on the album.

Of course those who don't pick up the single will miss out on two very good coupling songs. Which would be a pity.

I wonder though, does oricon calculate digital downloads in their weekly charts? Kalafina often does pretty well on the digital download charts.

Unknown said...

Digital downloads are done separately from physical releases, so sadly no~~ But yea, people like Aoi Eir and groups like Kalafina definitely get more recognition through digital downloads. And considering Japan's Itunes is pretty pricey, I think they make good money of it too~~

just me said...

Let's hope they are burning up the digital charts then. :)

I do hope that fans will at least buy the digital versions if shipping a physical copy gets too difficult and expensive.

Although the physical copy comes with nice packaging and I have always preferred a physical copy. So although vinyl is additional cost for me, I am happy to purchase it. :)

Am now totally looking forward to the release of the new album as I loop the On Light single endlessly for maybe a week or two. I really like this single. :)