description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Saturday, March 07, 2015

Kalafina LIVE THE BEST 2015 “Red Day” & “Blue Day” ~ tea, tea spoons, coasters

I really am quite happy with this purchase.  This was something I wanted to get from the very beginning.  It merely a matter of whether I get the full set of two mugs, two teaspoons and two coasters or just one mug and the teaspoons. In the end, I went with one mug, two teaspoons and two coasters.  I thought about getting two mugs but decided that since I will be the only one using it, it wasn't necessary and I could use the money saved on the second mug on something else.  Maybe if I get attached again, I might regret this decision though. :P

Okay, here goes... first photos of the mug first.

    

I got the "Red" mug.  There is no particular reason why I didn't get the "Blue" one instead.  I just decided to get most of the goods on "Red" Day in case I wasn't able to come back to get goods on "Blue" Day because my schedule was not really fixed yet.

I'm glad the box they put the mug in is relatively sturdy because I placed it in my suitcase and checked it through and only the corner seems a bit mucked up but that's okay because I am thinking of using this mug.  I'll probably use it in the office because it'll make a nice match with my Kalafina Cafe salad bowl.

I tried to shoot the mug from all angles to give you an idea what it looks like all around.  I personally like it although I'm not sure how may others did. :)  This item didn't sell out on either day to my knowledge.  So maybe you'll be able to pick it up from the Space Craft store if you like it too.

Next tea + teaspoons.

      

Here are the photos for the tea + teaspoons which were part of the "Red" Day only goods.  I must admit that I am a sucker for these kinds of things.  I like nice plates, bowls, cutlery etc.  I think that's why I bought that Kalafina Cafe salad bowl which is IMO really, really nice.  I use it almost everyday and wash it with great care. LOL

This set comes with Darjeeling tea.  Not my favourite but I'm not fussy about tea in general.  For Western type tea, Earl Grey is my favourite.  I didn't open the package to shoot photos of the tea bags because I'm not going to drink them just yet.  I will probably take them to the office and drink them as I work. I usually drink my tea without milk or sugar so I don't really need the teaspoons to stir anything but I like the teaspoons a lot.  They are the biggest reason why I bought this set. :)

I shot close ups of the teas spoons so you can see the printing. And yes, I am aware that there is a printing error on the "Blue Day" teaspoon. Although the color of the print is blue, they actually printed "Red Day" instead of "Blue Day" on the spoon. I think the made the same mistake on the "Blue Day" wrist band too. They posted up an apology and details on how to get it replaced. CLICK ME.  I'm not going to bother with it because it doesn't bother me that much that it doesn't say "Blue Day" and also I live in Singapore, getting this exchanged is really way too troublesome so I'm just going to let it slide. :)

Finally, tea + coasters.

    

Finally, the last item for this post is the tea + cloth coasters set.  I really like this too.  At first I wasn't sure if I would pick this up because my priority was the mug and the teaspoons but when I saw what it looked like at the counter, I decided that I would get them.  If they had been cardboard coasters, I probably would not have picked it up.  The rough texture of this cloth and the folded hem at the back just gave it a sort of rustic country feel to me and I liked it.  The coasters are exactly the same, so they didn't have to deal with any possibility of printing the wrong day on these. :)

I don't know what this "original" blend of tea tastes like.  The back of the packaged called this "Kalafina Original Tea".  I kind of like that.  Hahahaha... Kalafina has their own original blend of tea now too. :)  While I don't know what it tastes like, it looks like it is a fruit + flower kind of tea.  Aside from stating that it contains. black tea, it also says that it contains Rose, Chamomile, Orange Osmanthus, Papaya, Cornflower, Sunflower and fragrance.  Hmmmm... chamomile... sounds like a calming tea. :)

There should be only one more of these goods posts and then my short post on the "Blue Day" live and then I think I can stop talking about the Budokan lives for a bit. :P

Okay, that's it for now.  I probably should go sleep in a bit... the drowsy cough medication is slowly kicking in. :)

oyasumi.... :)

No comments: