description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Wild City ~ Singapore (docu)

I'm really keen to watch this!!  I hope I remember to tomorrow.  It's really easy to forget that Singapore is really one of the greener city states in the world.  I think it's really easy for Singaporeans to forget because we're surrounded by it all the time and we're often in a hurry to go places or too focus on the activity we're doing or we have our faces in our mobile phones etc.

I live in the North in Singapore where there are places that still have quite a lot of greenery than say in the South where the CBD and the shopping belt is.  I often see migratory birds in the pond nearby for example and people have seen otters as far inland as Bishan which is pretty cool in my opinion. :)

Otters in Bishan

This new docu by CNA looks like it could be quite pretty and quite possibly show us even more of the wilder side of Singapore.  So I'm really looking forward to it.  Hope I don't forget because I can be so forgetful these days. :P


An added bonus for me is that it's narrated by Sir David Attenborough which is kinda cool. :)

Okay... time to sleep, pretty tired today....oyasumi. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice documentary that showcase a never seen before sight of Singapore, but the editing & story flow have much room for improvement.

Too much stitching of random & unrelated shots. Sometimes the flying lemur is flying in the day, sometimes its in the night, back to flying in the day? The story doesn't flow very well also, a bit on the mud skipper, then a bit on totter, then a bit on the pangolin, then back to the otter?

just me said...

Hello! Thanks for commenting. :)

Yes, I thought it was nice to see a side of Singapore that most of us don't notice or don't see.

I particularly liked the flying lemur and the Pangolin since I've never seen them before.

But it did skip back and forth quite a bit because they were trying a little too hard to emphasis again and again that this little oasis is just a couple of miles away from urban Singapore. And although those overhead shots of Sungei Buloh were nice, they were repeated a lot!

The otter story was kind of cool but I agree, a little fragmented because they were trying to slot in so much other stuff in between.

Still...it was a nice docu and overall I enjoyed. I am looking forward to ep 2 this Saturday. :)