description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Japan Feb/Mar 2015 Day ~ Day 6 p1



Today we checked out the town of Shimoda. We took some pictures at the place where Commodore Perry landed in Japan and forced the country to open up.

We also checked out a shrine who's name I will check later and some of the older streets in the town. It was a pretty pleasant morning walk. :)






We then left Shimoda and on our way to the next location, we stopped at a rest station that sold some wasabi soft serve which was interesting for me because I have never eaten ice cream with fresh grated wasabi before. I rather liked it. :)







After we were done eating our soft serve and buying some wasabi, we headed off to our next location. :)

posted from Bloggeroid

3 comments:

ClaraS said...

Wasabi soft serve sounds interesting! sweetness with wasabi kick.. hum.. I brought wasabi flavored and strawberry cheesecake flavored Kit Kat back to work, some of my co workers said "ew" to the wasabi kit kat LOL the wasabi taste is actually super mild.

just me said...

We saw the wasabi kit kat in Shizuoka too but I didn't buy any. So you can't really taste the wasabi? I guess they were worried people might really hate it. Lol. :)

If you have the chance and you see the freshly grated version, give it a try. You might like it, just like I did. :)

ClaraS said...

Ya, I could only tasted a bit of wasabi in it :( I heard the freshly grated wasabi is totally different from those are not freshly grated! But didn't get the chance to try. Definitely on my list! :)