description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Friday, February 13, 2015

Space Craft webstore - guide ~ how to order Kalafina, Kajiura Yuki etc stuff

I decided to write this post to help out someone who asked me how to order from the Space Craft webstore.  The webstore isn't the easiest place to order stuff from and I remembered it took me numerous tries when I first tried to register for an account there.  My Japanese was a not very good then so it was a little frustrating but I managed to make it work in the end. :)  So to help other fans who may be interested but find it intimidating etc... here's a little guide. :)

EDIT:
Kyouko Sakura, who left a comment below, reminded me that I should say this from the get-go. Thanks!!  The Space Craft store only ships to addresses in Japan.  So if you are an international fan and wish to purchase items from their webstore, it will be easier for you to use a proxy to make these purchases, hence, you will probably not have any use for this guide.  This guide is really only useful for people who have friends in Japan and prefer not to trouble their friends by purchasing these items and sending them to their friend's address in Japan.  :)

I've only ordered from them once before and I, unfortunately, lost the password and couldn't remember the answer to the reset question and hence, had to register for a new account using another email address for the purposes of writing this post. :P

So here goes...

First up, you'll need to go to the webstore to put stuff in your cart.  CLICK ME to go to the webstore.

And here's the annoying thing.  I could not find a link anywhere on the page to register an account. Instead, what I did was to go to Kalafina's page and randomly put something into the cart.


Click the big red button that says "カートに入れる" to put something in the cart.

That will automatically lead you to this page.

You need to hit this button お会計 right at the bottom to pull up the next page.

Alternatively, you could try clicking this link to see if you can go to this page directly without going through the above steps. CLICK ME.  It may or may not work, but you can give it a try.

Since this FAQ is for those who have not yet gone through this painful process :) ... hit this button 初回 which means "first time".

This will finally bring you to the registration form to fill in your details.  BEWARE!!! The Space Craft webstore is little particular about the way you enter your information. So you may have to go back a few times to fix things but if you follow the cheat sheet below... you should be fine.

Here's how you should fill out the form.


I stressed in the above picture that in some instances you have to use HALF WIDTH Alphanumeric. I remember having problems with this part in the past.  This time I didn't have any.  You actually don't have to worry much because normal typing in English is already HALF WIDTH.  BUT if you're copying text sent to you from a Japanese friend, then they may have used FULL WIDTH in some cases.  If they did, you'll have to type them out again in HALF WIDTH.  Which would basically be simply typing them out again in English.  There is no need to switch to the Japanese IME to accomplish this.

After you have filled out the form hit 入力OK to proceed.

You'll come to this page to fill out your credit card information.


I've blacked out my name and address information.  The rest should be self-explanatory for those who are familiar with credit card payments.

Basically, it's:
Select Card Type
Card Number
Expiry Date
Name on Card.

After that hit 入力OK to proceed.

I think this should be it.  I didn't proceed further because I don't intend to purchase this item.  :)

But the rest should be the normal steps you have to take when you pay with your CC for online purchases.   I don't exactly remember since I only bought from Spacecraft once by myself and that was two years ago.

NOTE... you should get an email from Spacecraft.  This email will list out the items that you've ordered and it'll ask you to check it.  You DON'T HAVE to do anything if the items are correct.  If the items are wrong, you'll have to email them. If you don't get the email, you're supposed to email them too to check if your order went through.

After that just wait and suddenly without warning the package will arrive at your home. :)

That should be it.

NOTE too that there seems to be a timer at the webstore. If you take too long, you may need to go back and reselect the items and put them in your card again.  Or re-do the registration process again. So be patient with it. :)

If anyone has any questions, I'll be happy to try and help... for now... I'm off to bed. :)

cheers

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You can just use a proxy, though. It's how I've gotten some of the more elusive stuff.

just me said...

Hello Kyouko Sakura,

How is the magical girl thing coming along? :)

Indeed, you are correct. It is way easier to use a proxy. I guess I should have clarified that the guide is for those who would like to do it themselves and send it to their friends in Japan for a pick-up at a later date. :)

I tried to use a proxy once but the Space Craft webstore decided not to work on me that week. :( And the proxy wrote back and said they weren't going to try again. Which is when I did it by myself two years ago. *sweat

If I had to do it again, I think I would do it by myself again, now that I have figured it out. :) I used to use my friends in Japan to do all my Space Craft webstore purchases but friends aren't for abusing too much even though they are willing. :P

Thanks for dropping by and leaving a message! :) Take care of your soul gem.

cheers!

just me said...

Hi Jeff,

Proxy.... ah.... that's the one thing I'm really not that familiar with to be honest.

I used Celga once to buy a few volumes of the Kara no Kyoukai boxsets of the Amazon market place. But that was about it.

I tried to use them again to buy stuff off the Space Craft Webstore and that's when I hit a road block.
The website was being fussy and after a few tries, Celga wrote back and said that they weren't going to keep trying. That's the main reason why I decided, forget the proxies, I can do this by myself and so I did it.

I suppose you could try Celga since it's the only one I've had any experience dealing with.
http://www.celga.com/

Good luck!!

And yes, it's nice to see that Bessatsu Kadokawa: Kalafina is now easily available for international fans to pick up. :)