description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Kalafina ~ website updated, streaming "believe" tv-spot

source

I can't believe I forgot all about this yesterday. Kalafina's offcial website was updated either yesterday or the day before, I THINK.  I was looking at it last night and completely forgot to blog about it.  I think I wanted to sleep too much. :P

It now features artwork for the "believe" single and it's also streaming the 30-sec "believe" TV spot. But unfortunately, it's once again region-locked to Japan. :(  They have made these streaming videos available to international audiences before but not this time.... sucks. :(

Well, I used VPN to watch it and made screen captures for those of us who don't want to deal with VPN.  By now, someone may have ripped it and uploaded it to a streaming site somewhere.  I hope that someone has done that so that international fans may have a chance to view it too.

Anyway, without much ado... here are the screen captures. :)  They are streaming higher quality video than what GyaO! is streaming for the "heavenly blue" PV, so at least these screen captures are decent although still not the best. :)

        

Again, in some ways, it's not that much different from most Kalafina music videos.  They stand on the spot and "dance" the Kalafina way.  Which I actually kind of like these days because it's almost like an iconic Kalafina dance. :P  Last year when I was a little high on beer, I actually, did the head-and-arm swinging thing in the pub as I was "dancing" to the music and called it the Kalafina dance. LOL. Okay... probably too much information there. :P

This time I think the concept is that they are in an underwater location with ruins from a different era or something.  Hence the blurry streams of mostly blue light from overhead, lots of flowing cloth and bubbles. The "heavenly blue" PV from yesterday had lots of lasers and crazy colours and strange overhead shots and with abrupt rack focus shots edited in at odd places.  This video, in contrast, is a lot calmer.

It's an okay music video.  Luckily, it's Kalafina's music that they are trying to sell, not their music videos.  While fans like me are okay with stuff like that, this isn't exactly an award winning music video and I'm almost certain there will be other fans who'll want more.  Previously, I was thinking that they should do more but after tons of videos of them in this setup with the only real changes being the song, the speed and variety of camera moves, the set, the colours etc, I actually kind of want them NOT to change it too much.  It's almost like, this is a Kalafina motif. This is what makes an iconic Kalafina music video.  I can't imagine too many people agreeing with me.  But that's okay, if we were all the same and agreed on the same things, the world would be a very boring place. :)

Anyway, off to do other stuff and get ready for tonight's broadcast of Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works] #02. :)

Oh... and if you wish to pick up this single, you are welcome to use these links:

Limited Edition A SECL1612~1613
CD+DVD (music video)

Limited Edition B SECL1614~1615
CD+Blu-ray (music video)

Regular Edition SECL1616
CD only

Anime Edition SECL1617~1618
CD+DVD (Fate/Stay Night video clip)

CLICK ME for the cover art.
CLICK ME for the postcard tokuten images.

cheers !! :)

4 comments:

desmondsph said...

Looking forward to the release

desmondsph said...

Do you know how to set up VPN to watch the youtube vidz?

I just use tunnel bear to mask my IP

just me said...

Hi desmondsph,

Thanks for the several comments. :) Will reply when I can. Kinda busy these last couple of days. :)

cheers

just me said...

Hi desmondsph,

I've never used tunnel bear but I've used VPN for a while.

Check out this website to help you set it up. :)

http://www.vpngate.net/en/

cheers