description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Kalafina ~ Utage! 27th Oct 2014 performance -- sugoi!!

As you can probably tell from my lack of updates... yeah, I'm really busy. :(  So busy that I've had no time to write my unboxing post on the Kajiura Yuki vol.11 BD release. :'(

I almost forgot about Kalafina's second appearance on Utage! too.  I was about to head to bed when it suddenly occured to me that I should go try and see if any kind soul had uploaded it for us international fans to watch.  And some kind soul did.  THANKS!!!! :)  Sooooo.... go watch it before they delete it from YouTube because that's very possible.



Fast forward to approximately the 16 min mark.  They do appear before that but it's mostly of them just sitting waiting for their turn so unless you're interested in the other guests, just fast forward it. :)

Kalafina covers Imai Miki's Piece of My Wish.  I've never heard it before so I had to look it up and have a listen too.  I've embedded the clip below, do check it out as soon as you can.


Miki Imai 今井美樹: Piece of my Wish (English trans... by dvic56

Imai Miki's song was released in the mid-90s.  I think it was 1993.

Once again, by default Kalafina's interpretation will be different because Kalafina's singing a song that was originally sung by a soloist and Kalafina comprises of three vocalists that sing in very distinct parts.  Oh... and here I must say that Imai Miki has a very lovely voice.

Kalafina didn't stray very far from the overall feel and tone of the original song but they did split the song into parts and had overlapping harmony etc.  I thought they performed really well again and the harmony was lovely again.  The audience really did seem to appreciate their performance too.

I really think that all that singing before Kalafina Club and all those acoustic premium lives really did them a lot of good.  Lots of practice for them.  Before they performed this term "自主練" popped up during their conversation with the hosts and the other guests.  This is where my Japanese fails me.  I'm not sure what this means.... I think I'll ask my friend.  But I think it means that they practised by themselves?  I wonder if it also means they arranged it by themselves, as in, they decided who sings which part and how the harmony would work etc?  I really don't know.... I think I will ask my friend.

Kajiura Yuki, who watched the broadcast also picked that that term out.


She said in her tweet that Kalafina always "自主練" before their lives.  Okay... I just messaged my Japanese friend to explain that term to me. :P  Maybe after I get the answer, I'll come back and update the post. :)

Oh wow... it's 330am.... I need to chop chop and go to bed.  Before I do... I did a bunch of screen caps in case that YouTube link should one day go down, at the very least, we have a bunch of screen caps. :P  The size of the screen caps aren't very big because the original quality of the video isn't that good.  But it's better than nothing.  If I can find a better source in the future, I may come back to it... but for now... here are the screen caps. :)

           

Amend 30th Oct 2014:
Sadly, that video of Utage! has gone bye bye. :(  I hope you guys managed to watch it. 

No comments: