description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Friday, October 11, 2013

Otona no Kagaku vol. 40


This post isn't about Kajiura Yuki, FictionJunction or Kalafina. :)  Instead, this will be about the Otona no Kagaku magazine which I am a big fan of too.  Although I really like this magazine, I have to budget how I spend my money and Otona no Kagaku often takes second place to my obsession with Kajiura Yuki's music and anime.  Hence, although I would love to buy a ton more of these, I only have bought 3 of them, including this volume.

This volume looks incredibly cool and does touch on one of the great loves of my life...cinema. :)  Although I am not a Tokusatsu fan, I grew up watching Godzilla and Ultraman type films and they were great.  Vol.40 of Otona no Kagaku is about filming miniatures and I'm not a graduate from film school for nothing.  I was immediately filled with a burning desire to try and shoot something on this camera and shoot silly low budget monster movies of my own.  I'm sure the quality of this camera won't be amazing but what I like about it is how small it is and the way it is constructed.

It is selling in Kinokuniya in Singapore for about SGD66 but since I'm going to Japan, I ordered it from CDJapan and have instructed that it be shipped to my hotel.  I would like to do an unboxing of this item actually because Otona no Kagaku isn't exactly the most popular magazine out there and not many people seem to have done too many unboxings of this awesome mook.  It usually gets more popular when it is offering one of the put-it-together plastic cameras and that was how I found out about this magazine.

I will try and do an unboxing post after I get back from Japan.  I'll have a ton of stuff to work on for the blog...hopefully I will get to them all.  I often fail these days, we really are extremely busy at work, but I'll try nonetheless, because I enjoy doing them. :)

Anyway... for more photos on this item, head over to Amazon Japan... click me.  If you rather shop through CDJapan, click me for the direct link to the product page.

cheers

3 comments:

Silentwolf87 said...

hmm...? u mean... u get free mini usb camera with this magazine?

just me said...

Yup... u get a free mini usb camera with it... I am thinking of doing a short unboxing post about it... but I have a lot of stuff to get through... so we'll see. :)

Silentwolf87 said...

oh wow...
now u are creating an interest within me to get one...
uh i hope the magz is still available in kinokun malaysia next month...
this month, i am abit tight on financial... orz