description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Japan trip 2013 ~ day 1 & 2 - p3

We decided not to go to the family restaurant but go stand in line in the queue for the fish auctions at Tsukiji. When we got to th location, there was already several people in line which really surprised us since were there at 330am which is pretty early since u can only view the auction at 525am.



They started to let us into the holding at approximately 4am and since we were in the first group, we were handed green vests.



We were really tired and sleepy so we sat on the floor and dozed off for for a while till about 5pm then we got ready. And soon after they brought us into the auction area to watch the auctions. Really interesting.




posted from Bloggeroid

5 comments:

Silentwolf87 said...

hoee~?

u mean, the fish got auctioned?

just me said...

Yup... the fish get auctioned off every morning... except Sunday, I think, when the market is closed... or something like that... I need to check that. :)

Silentwolf87 said...

was it cheap?

just me said...

Well...if you're talking about the auction itself....it's better than cheap...it's free. :)

If you're talking about the fish than I don't think so. I think tuna hardly sells that cheaply in Tsukiji. :)

Silentwolf87 said...

sokka...
hmm...
i should have went there last time...
nvm, i'll put it as a destination for my next visit...
>w</