description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Monday, October 28, 2013

Japan 2013 ~ Nokogiriyama, Chiba



I am now on a Shinkansen on my way to Nikko. So I thought I would attempt to blog. :)

I have tons of photos but they are mostly on facebook now. Unfortunately, I had to spam all my friends' walls because my phone is so unstable now and my dropbox is maxed out. So they are on FB for safe keeping for now.

We were very fortunate that the 27th and 28th typhoon to hit Japan barely touched Tokyo and left Chiba the day before our scheduled trip to Nokogiriyama.

This was a trip that I wanted to make 2 years ago but failed to make it because I fell ill in Tokyo.

It was a gorgeous day to be out on the mountain but you have to have a certain amount of fitness to do it comfortably.

Anyway, I will write more when I get back...I just wanted to write a short post because I am really happy I finallt made it there. :)

posted from Bloggeroid

5 comments:

Silentwolf87 said...

wow~
that photo~!
where is that-?
i am very interested-!

just me said...

Hi Silentwolf87,

Thanks for all the comments... it's sad that my phone kept crashing and staying online or even keeping the phone on for too long was quite a chore... I would love to have kept a more detailed mobile blog of the trip.

It was an incredibly eventful trip and I watched the 3rd Madoka movie and listened to Kajiura Yuki's music and Kalafina's new song in a nice cinema in Shinjuku. Went to the Kalafina Cafe and hauled back quite a few Madoka and Kalafina and Kajiura Yuki goodies.

I will try and do updates and unboxings etc over the next couple of days... fingers crossed that work is manageable for the next few weeks. :)

cheers

Silentwolf87 said...

uhuhu, it must be nice to have friends over there...

by the way, is there any cultural event or any notable events that is worth catching up somewhere around the 2nd and 3rd week of november?

because my friend is going traveling to tokyo next week... so she was asking me of places worth to visit (since i go there last time for yuki kajiura #9 shibuya special, coincidentally,:P)

but i cant give her much information because me myself were just going there with lack of preparation as to where n which to visit... haha... :P

just me said...

Yes...it does help to have good friends living in Japan. It makes doing some things a lot easier. :)

2nd & 3rd week of Nov? Hmmmm.... there is the Tori no Ichi fair which I tried to go to 2 years ago but failed because my travel companions couldn't get up in time. :P

http://www.torinoichi.jp/english/index.htm

http://www.gotokyo.org/en/kanko/taito/event/torinoiti1.html

I think this year's festival is on the 3rd, 15th and 27th of Nov. It's in the Asakusa area, within Tokyo. :) This should be a 24 hours fair... I've never been but you friend can try it. :)

What does she like? Otaku stuff? Food? Touristy stuff? :)

Silentwolf87 said...

erm, she is unlike me...
she probably would prefer touristy stuff...
and the only artist that she is deeply following, is arashi...

uhuuu, now i think i need to start managing back my financial so that i can go to japan, perhaps on yearly basis, similar to what you are doing... huhuhu...