description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Yuki Kajiura Vol.9 Shibuko Special ~ Blu-ray Unboxing

Okay... I lied... :) I decided to do the unboxing tonight because I feel a little rested enough to do it and because I am really excited about this BD.  So I decided to try and do the unboxing while I "watch" a bit of the BD.

It'll be picture heavy again because I really need to sleep ASAP.



The above are the photos of the the casing with the cover insert. I included a photo of the front of the case with the shrink wrap still on and the shrink wrap off.



Photos of the inside of the case and the blu-ray itself.

    

Here's the BIG surprise for me.  While I expected to get an small booklet inside, I did not expect postcards. We get 3 post cards... VERY NICE!!  Am happily surprised.



Here's a really horribly shot photo of the back of the postcards.  It was really hard to get a good focus on my cel phone and I didn't really feel like trying too hard since it's a pretty simple print.

  

Here are 2 photos of the booklet.  It's only 6 pages.  Hmmmm... I should have gone ahead and shot photos of all the pages since it's so thin but... ah well... it's a little late for that now.

First impressions ~

So far... while writing this unboxing, I have "watched" (essentially just listened :) ) to the first 4 songs.  The 5th song, "every time you kissed me" is playing now.  Just really quickly... I must say... I am totally loving Keiko in the first 4 songs.  And I must give her a huge thumbs up for her English enunciation.  It's really pretty good considering that English isn't her first language.  She's come a long way.  That said, that is the least important thing to me... what I really liked is that she sounds AMAZING!!

I want to wax lyrical about how good she sounded with Hanae Tomaru in "lotus" or how sweet she sounded in "long forgotten cloistered sleep" or how nuanced she sounded in "I swear" but... I desperately need sleep. :(

I have a long day ahead tomorrow and I really do like my job and my current shot is really quite interesting... so need to rest... tomorrow I go back to battle.... so... sadly... must stop my BD now. :(  Maybe, if I have time and feel inspired enough, I may write more about my impressions about the music in the BD.... we'll see.  Now it's playing "I reach for the sun" and so far I am sooooooo loving this BD.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the music!!! :)

Also... I wanted to write this the other day... the JVC FictionJunction website has changed it's opening page to reflect this new release.


url: http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/fj/

Finally, I leave you with this... if you can afford it, please do buy these discs.

Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol.#9 "Shibuko Special" Blu-ray (NOTE: includes the "making of" video clip which will not be on the dvd edition) [edited 28th Feb: The BD comes with the 3 postcards shown above, the DVD, unfortunately doesn't.]
Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol.#9 "Shibuko Special" DVD


Good night!! :)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I was looking for people comments on this live vol.9 DVD/BD and I get to your blog. I completely agree with you. Keiko is simply the star of this concert, along with Hanae. Their duet in Himeboshi and Duran Shoukan...

And Keiko sounds really lovely and amazing in every songs! I really love her voice in I swear and maybe tomorrow.

just me said...

Hi Nicholas,

Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment. :)

I've finished watching the blu-ray and yeah... to me... Keiko was really, really incredible throughout this concert.

Keiko and Hanae Tomaru were really awesome and I love them in Lotus, Himeboshi and Duran Shoukan too!!! Really awesome stuff.

And then there's Mezame... my favourite song at every Kajiura Yuki live... although... I think now... I would be really happy to hear THIS live version of "my long forgotten cloistered sleep" at a live too.

All the vocalists were really good and I really love this blu-ray. I'm really happy with this purchase. Completely worth it!! :)

Silentwolf87 said...

why i dont get the postcards-? is it because it is only available for BD-? ;_;

just me said...

Ah!!!! Silentwolf87... I'm sorry... I didn't know it myself and after your comment, I went back to read the announce again and at the bottom a little asterisk indicates (if I read the Japanese correctly) that the BD does indeed come with 3 postcards.

Which means the dvd doesn't get postcards. :(

Sorry. :(

Anonymous said...

Damn! I was wondering what people was talking about when I heard about the making (I'm so out of date) and I never knew it was only part of the Bluray version (I'm ordering the DVD version) :(

I wonder where I can watch it since I can't afford to purchase the Bluray version (I have no BD player) *sighs*

just me said...

Hello Kuroiyuki88,

Sorry for the late reply, I have been extremely busy at work and the blog had to take a back seat. :( :( I haven't even been keeping up with Kajiura Yuki's tweets. :(

Just slowly getting back into things now that the project I am on is almost done... but am sick now... so it's just a mess...

Anyway... I'm sure you're not interested in all that... :P

I'm not sure if you managed to find the "making off" video online by now. I've seen it because I have a PS3... I have no idea how people manage to get the video off the BDs... regardless...

I managed to find it... you've probably also managed to by now? If not... here is the link... hopefully it won't be taken down too quickly...

http://vimeo.com/61568843

enjoy :)

ClaraS said...

Totally ditto on Keiko in the concert, especially that "killer move" during eternal blue when she enters after Yuriko Kaida's and Kaori's phrase ;)) I almost fainted when first time watching it キャハ━━━━(#゚ロ゚#)━━━━!!!!!!!!!!!!

just me said...

@ ClaraS

IMO, Keiko is generally the most fun to watch during the lives whether they are for Kalafina or for FictionJunction. She's usually the most energetic and enthusiastic of all the vocalists and isn't afraid to let go which is part of why it's fun to watch her. :)

I will have to go watch the BD again and actually WATCH it this time. For the most part, I was just listening to it because I was so busy during that period, I was mostly rushing around or doing something else while I listened to the BD. I'm going to have to watch for that "killer move". :)

cheers