description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

more stuff: )



Heh heh, more stuff. :)

I went to kinokuniya on sunday and got myself a copy of the Mahou Shoujo Madoka manga vol.1. :) Although I know this 3 volume series is based on the anime, I still want to try and read it. Reading material that interest me was one of the methods I used when I was studying mandarin which I really sucked at in the past. An unplanned side effect also occured because reading wuxia xiaoshuo, which were published in Hong Kong, ended up also becoming beneficial to my study of japanese. It meant that I was no stranger to many of the traditional chinese characters used in kanji.

I still have to finish vol. 1 of Conan. After that I will start on the Madoka manga which would be much slower for me since there is no furigana. So there will be lots more to-ing and fro-ing between the dictionary and the manga.

The other purchase I managed to make was for the Kalafina Red Moon concert t-shirt. :) It's not my preferred color since, in general, I don't usually go for white t-shirts but the black large was sold out and I picked the white over the pink... although after that I kinda wanted the pink too... hahaha... so greedy. :)

Those t-shirts in the larger sizes really went very fast at cdJapan. I chanced upon the planned sale of Kalafina and FictionJunction memorabilia one day while surfing their site and wrote them an email asking if they could confirm if they will be selling the items. Before I received the reply to my email, the items went on sale. Luckily for me, I was checking their site religiously, so I managed to feed the t-shirt monster in me with the Kalafina shirt. :)

These things are so hard to purchase outside of Japan. A lot of them don't ship outside of the country. I hope cdJapan will continue to carry more of their stuff but in a reply to my email, they said they still can't confirm it as, understandably, that decision does not lie with them.

I actually ended up ordering more Kalafina and FictionJunction stuff. I am suck a sucker for these things. :) However, those will take some time to get to me since I bundled them with other stuff to save on shipping and to spread out my purchases.

K... enough mobile blogging for now. Need to get ready to change trains. :)

No comments: