description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Friday, March 04, 2011

friday :)



Much as I like my job, I am always glad when the weekend comes. I can't wait for the end of today. We have a monthly company get together thing at the end of the first friday of the month which means that work will end a little earlier today.

I've also scheduled a dinner appointment with one of my best friends tonight. So am really looking forward to that. :) She's not as otaku as me but then, I'm not even as otaku as a lot of other people. :) I'm really looking forward to meeting her tonight though cuz sadly, there doesn't seem to be anyone at my current company quite as into Japanese pop culture as I. Chotto sabishi ne. :)

The speed subbers must really love Mahou Shojo Madoka. The latest ep aired in the wee hours of this morning and the [gg] subs are already out. I tried to download it this morning but there weren't enough seeders yet so I couldn't get a good speed on it. Will try and watch it on a streaming site later at lunch if I have the time.

Volume 4 of the Mahou Shoujo Madoka blu-ray special edition is also available for pre-order on Amazon Japan.  I'll probably order that with Volume 3 and bundle those two together to save shipping.  Am not sure what the special cds are on those, I think they haven't announced it yet on the official website.

Lately, work has been tiring so I have not been watching too much anime. Also, my Japanese homework is getting more challenging these days, so doing it and trying to do some light revision requires more devotion then before. To spice it up, I have been trying to read some manga on my way to work while waiting for the latest ep of Mahou Shoujo Madoka. So far I have been reading Conan. I understand quite a bit of it. The vocab is beyond me quite often but nothing a good dictionary or the internet won't fix. The grammar can get very casual and uses a lot of the conversational forms. So that can get hard even though I have learnt some of it. But it is good practice and I have no real problems understanding the story or the meaning of most of the sentences even if I may miss the nuances.

Okie dokes. That's it for now. Hope to be back later in the day to talk about Mahou Shoujo Madoka. Tried to write last night but worked late and got too tired. Here's hoping today's ep is awesome. :)

No comments: