description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Friday, March 11, 2011

無事で良かった。

Earlier this afternoon a huge 8.9 earthquake rocked Japan triggering a huge tsunami which devastated much of the coastal area near Sendai. I think this is the 7th largest quake recorded inn history or something like that.

The visuals being transmitted over the internet and telly are quite chilling. :(

So far, I am happy to report that 4 of my 5 friends and their family are safe. We aren't able to contact koji on the phone but he lives in the Tokyo area and so does his family, so we're thinking... hoping... that they are okay too.

Sachiko and her dad in Gunma are safe too but without electricity which is not great considering that we haven't reached Spring yet.

Manami was still stuck in her office a while ago but should be able to walk home soon. She said that there was just too many people out in the streets for her to make her way home. She and everyone in the Japan office hid under their desks when the quake first hit. Last I heard, they were still experiencing after shocks.

Itsuko and family are fine too. Although her office is a mess, no one is really worried about that now.

Teiji is not in Japan now, so he's fine too.

I am just happy they are okay. Now, I just need to hear from Koji...

Add:
11:05pm
From her twitter account, Kajiura Yuki reports that she's fine, just that her place is in a mess with CDs all over the ground etc.   I read somewhere that Kaida Yuriko is fine too  Still don't know about Kalafina and FictionJunction Kaori but they are based in Tokyo so at the very least, they should be okay.  I don't think they have twitter accounts.  I only follow Kajiura's twitter account and do nothing else with twitter so I'm not clear about the rest.

Still no word from Koji. :(

12:05am
Received word from Koji.  His family and him are safe.  He had to walk home cuz there were no buses to take in Tokyo.  I'm not sure if he's reached home yet but at least he's safe and so is his family. :)

1:22am
All the Kalafina members in Japan are safe too.  So are all the FictionJunction vocalists. :)  Yuriko Kaida hurt her finger but is otherwise unhurt.  Kajiura Yuki just tweeted this. :)

Sadly though, it looks like the death toll in Japan is likely to go over 1000 according to the Kyodo News Agency. :(

Koji said that it is still chaotic in Tokyo.  And Itsuko said in an earlier email that they are still feeling tremors in Tokyo every few minutes. :(  And I still don't know if power has been restored at Sachiko's home in Gunma.  As long as they all stay safe... I would be very grateful.

No comments: