description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Kajiura Yuki ~ Hanako to Anne OST 01 - unboxing / OST 02 listed


I've received my copies of the Yuki Kajiura LIVE Vol.#11 FictionJunction YUUKA 2days Special 2014.02.08-09 Nakano SunPlaza Blu-ray and the first Hanako to Anne OST.  I've been wanting to do the un-boxings but there has been so much Kalafina news and too little time that I never really got around to them.  I figured that there are probably photos and scans of the FJ Yuuka BD live floating around on the internet somewhere so I thought I'll do the Hanako to Anne OST un-boxing first. :)

Like the Rekishi Hiwa Historia OST CDs, this isn't really a high profile release from Kajiura Yuki.  There are no photos of Kajiura Yuki or of anyone at all actually.  The cover is quite nice though, kinda sweet. :)

First up, all the photos....

        

As usual, I took photos of the CD with the plastic wrap on and off.  There is a short message one page message written by Kajiura Yuki and another one page message written by a member of the NHK dorama team.  It's a pretty simple release.

As for the music.  I actually quite liked it, more than I thought that I would. It's more classical than almost all of Kajiura Yuki's OSTs except for the OST for Achilles and the Tortoise which I remember being quite traditionally classical.  The OST for Hanako to Anne has strains of what make a Kajiura Yuki track so Kajiura Yuki. :)  Meaning that, we have some world music / folk music sounds mixed in with the more traditional classical sound to tracks.  A lot of the tracks have a nice light touch to them which is slightly reminiscence of her lighter, happier tracks in Mai Hime and the opening portion of Kimi no Gin no Niwa.  I don't mean that they sound the same, just that they have the same tone.

If you want to hear what these tracks sound like, there are short samples of every track on the CD online right now.  CLICK ME and scroll to the bottom of the page and hit LISTEN SAMPLES to listen to them. :)

I'm quite happy to have made this purchase and happy to find out that there is a  second OST for Hanako to Anne which I've now also pre-ordered and bundled together with my pre-order for Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol.#11 elemental Tour 2014 2014.04.20 @NHK Hall + Making of LIVE vol.#11 .

For anyone else who might want to also pick up vol.2 of the Hanako to Anne OST.  CLICK ME to get to the direct product page. :)

That's it from me for now... off to bed... today was a pretty tiring day at work and I kinda miss my bed now. :P  Oyasumi. :)

p.s.  I forgot this... I took a close up photo of the musicians who performed in this recording, just in case anyone was interested... here u go. :)


No comments: