description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Kalafina ~ ring your bell - unboxing

Okay, its seems that Starhub is now working and I seem to be getting normal service again. :) Yay!!  For a while there I thought I may need to abandon my plan to finish the ring your bell unboxings tonight because I couldn't go online for about an hour. :(


I'll make this quick because I would like to go to bed soon.  It was a very long day today at work and I suspect the entire week will most likely be the same.  Hence, I want to zip through this. Photos heavy. :)

I bought all versions as usual.  However, currently, I am still missing the vinyl record version because that one is being sent from Amazon Japan.  I couldn't get it via CDJapan because, by the time I went to make my order, it was all sold out.  It sold out VERY fast on most major online retailers. :(  Luckily, I managed to get 3 copies from two online retailers at cost price. :)  The one from Amazon should come by Friday or Saturday.  Depending on when it arrives, I will either do it over the weekend or next Monday night. :)

For now... photos!!

    

Usually, I like to shoot the CD with the plastic wrapping on and off.  But this time, I couldn't do it for this version and the BD version because I opened these two in the office to take Keiko's solo photo and to take a look at the inserted flyers.  I did take them in their plastic wrap in the office but it's a bit of a hassle retrieving them from the phone now and I'm running out of time.  But I did shoot a separate photo of the piece of paper that overlaps the spine of the CD and the plastic wrapping without the CD in it. :)

As usual, the Regular Edition has Keiko's solo photo.  The inserted flyers are the same for all versions.  So I'll do them separately at the bottom along with the tokuten postcards.


      

As usual, this version has Wakana's solo photo.  This was the only version I didn't open in the office, so you'll get the photos of the CD with and without the plastic wrap.


     

The BD version has Hikaru's solo picture, like usual.  No change/


      

This time around, the Anime version comes with an extra booklet. :)  Aside from the usual insert booklet with the liner notes and lyrics etc, we also get a 12-page booklet with the storyboard of the ending animation of Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works] S2. I really like these kinds of booklets and really happy that it was included in this release.  They did the same for Kalafina's Heavenly Blue single release, that one contained the storyboard for the opening sequence of Aldnoah.Zero S1.

 
  
  

I only shot a few sample pages so that you have some idea what the storyboard looks like.  It's the full storyboard of the whole sequence.  You can follow along if you like.  I also took some screen captures, so that you can compare the drawings with the finished product. :)


Inserted Flyers

  

These are the inserted flyers that come in all the versions.  You have the sheet detailing information on joining the FictionJunction Club.  In the second photo you have information about the Japan tour in Autumn and at the very bottom is the announce of the BD / DVD for the Kalafina THE BEST LIVE "Red Day" / "Blue Day" Budokan lives. :)  Then there are two more sheets about the bonus items you can mail away for a lottery chance and if you're lucky, you may be able to win something.

CDJapan tokuten postcards

  


Finally, we have the CDJapan tokutens. :)

I shot most of these photos using the new tabletop studio set up which is why I can get better photos without the glare and reflections I often end up with.  It's not the best setup yet and I forgot to check about white balance and colour temperature etc.  But this isn't bad already, considering where I came from. :)

Just a quick thing to say that I really like the coupling song Koibito no Mukashigatari no Yuugure no. It's my kind of song.

And that's it for now.  Time for bed.  I may write a very, very short post on the Kalafina THE BEST LIVE "Red Day" / "Blue Day" BD/ DVD tomorrow... we'll see. :)

For now oyasumi. :)  I hope you enjoyed this unboxing post. :)

p.s. not going to proofread at all... may do it tmr...please ignore glaring errors for now. :)

No comments: