description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Kalafina ~ LIVE THE BEST 2015 “Red Day" / "Blue Day" - BD & DVD news

source
I was totally going to go to bed after I got home but on the way home I was reading twitter and this came up on several people's tweets and I just have to write about it. :) A fellow Kalafina fan checked out the link to the Sony shop and also confirmed that this is pretty much legit even though an official announce hasn't been made by either SMEJ or Kalafina yet.  The listings have appeared on Sony's online webstore which pretty much makes this news legit. :) The official announce will probably be released in the later part of the morning today and we're likely to see it on all official news site too.

The Sony webstore is saying that this will be released on the 5th July.  So time to put some money aside to pick these up. :)  Maybe we'll see some nice tokutens too. :)

The BDs will weigh in at 6800 yen per disc.  And the DVDs will cost 5800 yen per disc.
Meanwhile, Kalafina fans who have been waiting almost desperately for a BD / DVD announce regarding the Budokan lives can now finally sleep peacefully.  To be honest, since we didn't get Kajiura Yuki's KajiFes on BD / DVD, I had come to fear that even a live as important as Kalafina's first Budokan live may not get a release.  Thankfully, all those worries were for naught. :)

It looks like they will be releasing the two day live on separate BD and DVD discs.  That's understandable for the DVDs because to squeeze all of it on one disc would make the resolution incredibly bad because of the compression.  It's also good news that they have also not tried to put the two day live onto one BD because this ensures that we'll get better video resolution and extra stuff on the BDs.

So far, it seems we'll be getting these extras on the discs, although they didn't specify which disc gets what yet.  We'll be getting footage of the trio at the Japan Expo in France as well as a up-close behind the scenes documentary of the members in Kalafina.

So far, I'm seeing these as 4 separate listings, hence, looks like no box-set.  Well, at least, for now, it looks like they'll be releasing each day as a separate disc.  There are advantages and disadvantages to that but the advantages outweigh the disadvantages, so it's all good to me. :)  Those who only want one of the days won't be forced to buy two BDs. For crazy fans like me, not buying both days on BD is unthinkable :P , hence, I often prefer boxsets because I hope to get nice boxset packaging and boxset prices often come in at a small discount.  But it doesn't matter in the end, I'll definitely get both of these on BD. :)

I am really really really happy that we will get the Budokan lives on BD.  I really enjoyed those lives and the BD would be the icing on the cake. :)  Now if I ever wish to relive those two lives, I can. :)

And finally... I will go to sleep.... tomorrow is likely to be a long day too.... so am off to get some rest... good night!! :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I was wondering if they were going to do something with Japan Expo since they've done previous bonus features on their other live overseas performances, I just wasn't expecting to see it on the Budokan lives.

I wonder what they have and if I'll be in it :3.

just me said...

Ah!! You were at the Japan Expo? :)

Wonder if they will do a HK one in the future since those lives sold so well. There is AFA Thailand too. They never did one for AFA Singapore, to my knowledge. Just posted photos. I am still waiting for Keiko to make good on her "I'll be back." But I understand that they want to go to many countries and coming back to SG will take time away from that. Still, since I live in Singapore, anytime they go to a live in another country that isn't Japan or Singapore, I will be a little gloomy about it, LOL. :P

Unknown said...

Yes, I was at Japan Expo :). Sadly France is not where I live, just a relatively convenient place to get to.

Nor is Japan for that matter, but should be going to see Kalafina there in October.

just me said...

Nice!! :)

Europe is not convenient for me at all. :(

I am planning on going to see Kalafina in Japan in October too. :D

Unknown said...

Which date? I'll likely be at the first Osaka event only.

just me said...

Ah.... no chance to say hello in Japan then. :(

I'll be attending the Tokyo lives on both days, 10th & 11th Oct. :)

Gosh... I haven't been to the Kansai area in about six years, I think.