description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Japan trip 6 - day 5


We rented a car for two days starting from today. You kind of need one to get round to the different flower farms in the Biei and Furano area in Hokkaido.

We went to several farms today. Our first stop was at the Shikisai Hill farm. It was really beautiful and I was busy snapping away. We are too late for the Lavender flowers. :( But there were still many flowers for us to go gaga over. :)

We also made a few other stops in Biei but I need to get the names from SY because I didn't plan the portion of the trip in Hokkaido.

We had curry rice for lunch at one of the farms but I can't remember the name of that farm. Will fill it in when I get back. The curry rice was quite tasty. :)



After Biei, we headed towards Furano where we made one stop and were rewarded with a small field of flowers and some sunflowers.



We also made a very memorable stop at the Rokugo Observatory. It was actually windy and cool at this location which was really nice. It was very hot in Tokyo and is still pretty hot in Hokkaido. I think I got a tan. :)





After the Rokugo Observatory, we made our way to Lake Kagoyama (need to check that name). It was pleasant and peaceful and cool.... a nice change from the heat and the flowers.



After that we went to Ikutora Station for dinner. While there we found out that the station served as a backdrop for the Japanese film Poppoya. Kind of neat. :) The only reason why we picked that station was because it was the closest to where we were and we wanted to eat before we made our 2 1/2 hour drive back to Asahikawa.





After we returned to Asahikawa, we went to the 7-11 (edit: it's actually a Lawsons, not 7-11) nearby and found out that they were running a Evangelion campaign and I bought an Ichiban kuji ticket and won a tiny figure. I actually wanted the small towel... maybe I will try again tomorrow. :)





K.... that's it for today.... time for bed. :)

5 comments:

Silentwolf87 said...

uwaaa-
so your trip now covers the area of hokkaido-?
cool-

for my first trip after this- i think i can only cover the tokyo area- atmost- mybe some other area in the kanto region (planning to take the JR kanto pass)

though i am yet to have any detailed itenary of my visit there next week- because i dont know where to go- huhuhu-

nwy have fun watching kajiura yuki live day 1- :)

Mwhlr said...

Wow! Those flower farms are beautiful. I didn't even know such a thing existed!

Enjoy Yuki Kajiura Live! I'll be watching the livestream! Looking forward to it.

just me said...

thanks silentwolf and Mwhlr :)

@silentwolf - when do u leave for Japan? i can give you some suggestions once i return to Singapore next week. :)

@Mwhlr - thanks.... enjoy the concert too :) I would like to watch the music energy livestream too but I am in Japan now. :)

cheers!!! :)

Silentwolf87 said...

eh- aa- i was already in japan now- :3

just come back from the shibuko special- XDDDDD

i just cant keep my jaw closed- the YK Live, seeing and hearing them live with my very own eyes and ears- IS SUPERBLY MARVELLOUSLY SUPER-!!!!

aaa- sorry for being super excited- :P

just me said...

Hi Silentwolf87 :)

Hahaha... don't worry about being super excited.... I think I was way more verbose after my first Kajiura Yuki Live.

It was also one of my friend's first KY live and we could not stop gushing and I wrote a very long post about it too... hahahaha....

Glad you had a good time at the Live. :)

cheers