description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Wednesday, August 08, 2012

silhouette


On my way home... another late night in the studio but it has been a pretty good week so far. :)

I managed to get my second prep shot approved by my supervisor and its gone up the pipeline for another level of approval. It was a pretty hard but I learnt tons and am really happy about that. :) I still have so much to learn... there are a few things I want to try out on some of my old footage at home... maybe I can use that as practice.

The other thing I have been really happy about is that I learnt how to paint in SilhouetteFX at work this week. I really suck at it right now. My first work in progress was AWFUL!!! And I later found out that I was going about it the wrong way. Today one of
my seniors showed me again how to do it properly and my second stab at it is kinda decent. I haven't finished the first pass yet. It is hard, hard work buy I am happy to do it. :)

I taught myself how to roto in SilhouetteFX but I still prefer my company's inhouse software. Still... SilhouetteFX is way better for roto than After Effects and Nuke. Paint in SilhouetteFX is new to me though. So exciting!!!

I really need to work on my paint skills. Need to work on painting in photoshop some more. I think it would be helpful.

The last cool thing about this week is that Singapore's table tennis team won two Olympic medals!!! It was awesome... it is the first time we won two medals at the Olympics. The games were really of a very high standard too. A real treat for table tennis fans. Thank you Feng Tianwei, Li Jiawei and Wang Yuegu!!!! otsukaresamadeshita!!! :)

k... gonna stop now.... tiring a little... maybe if i can get a seat on the next train... i might try and sleep a little. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi

chanced upon your blog
we have a possible part time temp job in Singapore that requires one to teach roto using silhouette software.

please contact me for details, james at 94316274 if you are interested or know of friends who are.