description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Lisani! Vol. 8.2

I was hoping to write a short recap part 2 to my Kajiura Yuki Vol.8 Live or do the unboxing of the Kalafina "to the beginning" singles but those things usually take me a while to write and require too much brain power.  My brain is basically in shut down mode and I'm only still at my computer because I need to wait for some maintenance work on the computer to finish before I can go to sleep.

Hence, I have decided to do this instead since it'll be relatively short.  I ordered the Lisani! Vol.8.2 magazine earlier on and it came with my shipment of the "to the beginning" singles.  If you are a Kajiura Yuki fan and if you can read Japanese, I think it's worth considering this purchase.  Here is the direct link to the magazine from CDJapan, the place I got my copy from... click me.

This is a standard size Lisani! release so no surprises there.  What is cool for us Kajiura fans is that, she is the main feature of this issue and 17 pages are devoted to her.  The section on Kajiura starts our with a Table of Content, followed by a commentary, then a 7 page interview, a 2 1/2 page interview with Korenaga Koichi (front band member, guitar) and lastly an introduction to the soundtracks of 23 animes that Kajiura has scored for.

What I find interesting is the inclusion of the interview with Korenaga Koichi.  Hopefully we'll see more of the same in later issues and get interviews with the other regular musicians in the front band like Konno Hitoshi (violin), Sato Kyoichi (Drums) and Junior (Bass).

I took a quick look at the questions that Kajiura was asked to answer and a lot of them centred around Fate/Zero.  Also, one of the sub-headings used in Korenaga's interview have what I think is him saying that Kajiura uses a lot of "world music" in her work and I personally think that that is a very appropriate observation since I too feel that Kajiura's genre mixing includes many "world music" sounds and influences.


Anyway, here are the sample pages for those who may be considering getting this magazine.





2 comments:

Perla said...

I'm so jealous of you people who can read Japanese. I'm considering buying Manga Time Kirara Magica magazine but can't read Japanese so in the end I probably won't be able to get it. :(

just me said...

Hahaha... well, my Japanese isn't quite there yet. I can work my way though some articles slowly but I have to guess at quite a bit of what is being said.

I'm lucky that I can read Chinese so it comes in useful when I read Japanese and come across Kanji I haven't learnt yet. Although I can't read the Kanji properly, I can often make an educated guess which is relatively accurate which helps. :)

Manga Time Kirara Magica... wow, I didn't know about it. Thanks for the heads up. I really like Mahou Shoujo Madoka. Maybe I'll see if I can get it. :)