description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Kalafina - Symphonia PV preview, After Eden feebies, Mahou Shoujo Madoka Vol.5 unboxing

 url: http://www.kalafina.jp/

The Kalafina official website has finally changed it's look to reflect the upcoming release of the After Eden album.  So now we no longer have artwork from the Magia single, we have artwork from the After Eden album.

Jump over right now if you want to view a little preview of the PV of "symphonia".  The song was used as the theme for the latest season of the NHK documentary Rekishi Hiwa Historia.  The new album will include the song and this PV will be included in an accompanying dvd with the LE version of this album.

Stylistically, it's not super different from your typical Kalafina PV, as in, the girls just mostly stand there, look really good and sing. :)  But I'm not really opposed to it since I really don't care if they don't dance, in fact, all the better if they don't dance.  From what I can tell, this PV is quite pastoral, it's set in a wide open field and the colours look soft and warm..  Seems to fit in relatively nicely with the more ethereal, utopian feel of a title like "After Eden.

Also, artwork for the freebies that come with the purchase of the album have been released.

Mousepad A (with the LE)











Mousepad B (with the RE)











Postcard (if you purchase from select brick and mortar, I think, stores in Japan)











The postcard is a tie-in with the Mahou Shoujo Madoka anime.  The theme song for that anime, "Magia", will also be one of the songs included in this album.  I think there maybe more than one version of the postcard, I'm not sure, I'm too lazy to go investigate... but from what I can gather, the idea for this postcard was to dress the key characters in Madoka in the dresses that the Kalafina girls will be wearing as part of the new image for the After Eden album.

This kind of amuses me somewhat since, sometime back, in one of my post on Mahou Shoujo Madoka, I mentioned that if I had to cast a live-action Mahou Shoujo Madoka series, I would use Keiko as Akemi Homura... and here she is... Keiko as Akemi Homura, in this postcard. :)  Of course, this thought I had is pretty much a no-brainer since seriously, with Keiko's long hair and tsundere image, she was always a shoo-in for Akemi Homura.  I think Wakana as Mami Tomoe is kind of fitting too.  I'm not so sure of Hikaru as Madoka but then, she does seem to be the least extroverted of the trio, and if I'm limited to simply the characters in the anime, then I guess Hikaru as Kaname Madoka would be best.



Finally, the unboxing of Vol.5 of the blu-ray limited edition release of Mahou Shoujo Madoka.  I got this in the mail today. :)  Made me real happy.  Today, with regards to work itself, it was great.  Office politics, though... not so great... so this this arriving in the mail today... made my not great day... just that little bit better. :)


                                                      

I know I should have corrected the above photos for brightness and contrast, and probably use my SE phone rather than my Motorola... but it's late and I'm really tired from doing intense clean up of footage at work today... so I kinda just wanna dash through this and go to bed.

That's it for today... good night. :)

No comments: