description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Friday, August 12, 2011

Kalafi-nerd :D

 (While not exactly the most representative FJ song, it is their latest and it is kind of catchy.  This is the title track for the Stone Cold single which is the theme song for the Sacred Seven anime)

Ever since I found out about Kalafina's latest Live in Nov, all I have been able to talk about is Kalafina, Kajiura, FictionJunction, Japan, attempting to get tix for the Live etc.  And everyday, I have been posting some Kalafina, Kajiura, FictionJunction related video in facebook often followed by some gushing comment on the music or bits of information which probably no one cares about except me. :)

This prompted one of my friends to call me a nerd, which prompted another friend to call me a "Kalafi-nerd".  I thought that was so witty and simply hilarious and so true.  I am a nerd and a geek and quite proud of it actually.  I wear my nerd / geek / otaku-ness everyday... whether it is in the choice of my shirt, the bag I'm carrying, or simply the music I listen to, which is currently 90% Kajiura.  Yeah, there is no doubt about it... i am a KALAFI-NERD. :D

Also, while my leave hasn't been official approved, I did talk to the head of the producers in the office and asked him if I might have trouble with my leave and if I can go ahead with my plans to attend the latest Kalfina Live.  He said that since I booked my leave so far ahead, "go for it."  Yeah... I am sooooo happy. :D

So, I told Itsuko that it's a GOOOOOOOOO and tonight she applied for 3 tickets in the fan club lottery to see if we can buy the tickets earlier instead of waiting for the sale to the public in September.  Yay... keeping my fingers crossed that when the results are announced on the 17th Aug, that we are successful in getting tickets to the Live. :)

Also, it seems like CDJapan is now offering the Kalafina Record artist book for sale.  Seems like it's only the regular edition for now.  So no special hardcover and no t-shirt.  But it is tons cheaper than the limited edition which to my knowledge is still only available for domestic shipping in Japan.  Whether cdjapan will eventually offer the limited edition is anyone's guess but luckily for me, I don't have to worry about that cuz Itsuko helped me pre-order the limited edition book already. :)

That said... I'm actually still quite interested in getting the regular edition.  I'm thinking that I may not want to open my limited edition and thumb through it so many times, so a regular edition (especially if it's paperback) would be very useful for me as I try and read it with the aid of dictionaries and my Japanese notes.  Also, I won't be able to get my limited edition version of the book when it's released in Sept, as I can only pick it up from Itsuko in Nov when I visit Japan.  I don't think I can wait that long... hahahahaha.... so yeah... very close to placing an order for the regular edition. :p

Also, there was an announce from Konami that the PSP game Senritsu no Stratos (戦律のストラタス) will also release a soundtrack album which will include FictionJunction's Eternal Blue, the theme song for this game.  So far I think no online site is offering this for pre-order yet but I'm likely to also pick up this album when it's released.


(the 1.30 min version of Eternal Blue)


Finally, I think Mahou Shoujo Madoka, FJ, Kalafina and Kajiura Yuki are conspiring to make me broke... a new Mahou Shoujo Madoka figure has been available for pre-order for a few days already.  It's Kaname Madoka figure from the Good Smile Company.  Good Smile makes some rather nice figure... I have one of Kuga Natsuki from Mai Hime and it's really nice.

Anyway... I need to sleep... it's pretty late... so I'll stop rambling now and  go to bed.... oyasum. :)

No comments: