description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Manchester City vs Everton 2-1


Man City's Richard Dunne and Everton's Andy Johnson.
(courtesy evertonfc.com)

Once again, no live telecast of the Everton match on cable but this time I was glad as Everton lost 2-1 to Man City and now I know I don't have to watch the delayed telecast of the match. =(

Everton really need Tim Cahill to return. According to the match report at the ToffeeWeb, Everton started brightly then faltered but the tide really turned when they conceded the first goal in the 48th min and then the second after they conceded the penalty later in the second half. Leon Osman pulled one back 6 minutes from regulation time but it was too little too late.

Apparently, Toffeeman James Beattie who made a rare start exhibited a distinct lack of confidence and would pass instead of strike on goal when he should have.

Ah well... I guess it was too much to hope that Everton would keep on winning. =(

On the plus side, I saw a fantastic Liverpool - Bolton (3-nil) encounter. Splendid goals from Peter Couch, Steven Gerrad and Dirk Kuyt. And then I saw the 6-nil slaughter of West Ham by Reading. So I guess it was a goal filled night... just wished Everton had won though. Sigh. =(

cheers

No comments: