description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! Agents Are Go!


(courtesy wikipedia)

This week has been really busy at work and on occasion it was pretty horrendous too but one thing I had going for me are the agents from Beat Elite Agents!!!!! They made me grin from ear to ear even when I was being a totally grouchy about have to work the many hours that I had to. When Commander Kahn yells "Agents Are Go!!!!" I know that the Beat Elite Agents are here to save me. =D

Last week I discovered that I'm not the only Nintendo DS owner at the office, SY owns one too. I had been interested in this game Beat Elite Agents but wasn't sure if I would like a rhythm game. So when I found out that SY owned the game, I was like... lend me... lend me.... lend me please.... please... please. =D Well, I didn't really have to bug her lah, she lent it to me anyway and I lent her my still-in-progress Final Fantasy III in return.

This is one goofy game and it's probably not a very cool game to be seen in playing in public but boy is it FUN FUN FUN. There is probably no point going into the details of the game as there are many other webpages that do it better. Click here to read all about the game.

The game is really very simple. You just have to tap to the rhythm and try and tap the number hit makers as the circle closes in on it.

(courtesy wikipedia)

The graphics are pretty much comic booky but they are rather well done, bright, colourful and very cheery. There are several songs you can play to and each one is rated at a different level of difficulty. And while there isn't much of an overall story arc, there is one common theme. It always begins with a rather silly story that's told in an overly dramatic and in a humorous fashion. And at the end of the story, there is always someone who needs help and that's when Commander Kahn will go "Agents are Go!" and our agents will appear and help save the day.

(courtesy www.gamehope.com, www.perfect-gamers.com)

My favourite part of each song is when the 3 agents and the person or persons they are trying to save raise their arms and sway to the music. It works especially well with the YMCA song. It always makes me laugh. I think it's also because when SY first showed me how to play the game, she played the game with YMCA. Since then sometimes during the day we'll raise our arms and sing YMCA and sway to the beat in the corridor or even in the office.

I couldn't find any nice pictures of my swaying agents so here are some taken by me. They're horrible I know but you get the picture. =)


Okay, that's it from me today. Late and am sleepy. At first I thought I would talk a bit about Dicey Business, this new TVB series I'm currently watching but I think I'll leave that for tomorrow or a later date depending. Also, I hope to get back to my Guizhou photos sometime next week.

For now, it's good night. =)

No comments: