description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Friday, January 12, 2007

Rocky, Becks and La La Land...


Today's been a funny day for football news. First I learnt that Sylvester Stallone will be making an appearance at Goodison Park before the match against Reading. That's just weird. =)

Well, I guess while Stallone may not be much of a football player, at least his Rocky had a lot of spunk and heart. I think after the last two losses and the dismal performance against Rovers in the FA Cup, they're going to need some of that Rocky spirit if they are to delivery that knockout punch they seem to be lacking. I know there have been a lot of grumbling among the fans and they want to see David Moyes go and I like Moyes, I think he's done a lot with very little and Everton is in much better shape than they were these past few years. But I really am beginning to think that, while probably not now, but sometime in the future, a change maybe good as Everton is seldom exciting these days, even when they win.

Then I hear from ESPN (later confirmed by several news reports) that David Beckham aka Becks will be signing for the LA Galaxy. So that's it, no more Bend it like Beckham for us in Asia since we get virtually no coverage of the MLS here. Not that I really care, unless the standard has really improved, the last time I watched MLS matches, they were pretty boring. This kinda sucks. I'm not a huge Becks fan but I still rather like him and felt that Steve McClaren should have kept him in the England squad. England's failure to reach the finals of the World Cup was really a team failure and if anything Beckham to me was England's best peforming player.

Right, that's it for tonight. =)

No comments: