description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Monday, March 23, 2015

Rest in Peace Mr. Lee Kuan Yew

source

Today I am sad. The first Prime Minister of Singapore has passed away and I am sad.

To me he was a great man who gathered the best people for the job and gave Singaporeans a safe haven to live, work and play.  Without him, Singapore would not be the Singapore we live in today.  He was not a perfect man and never claimed to be one.  He was sometimes controversial and unconventional but his steely determination and strong beliefs was what Singapore needed in more troubled times.  Under his guidance and his leadership, Singapore has gone from a messy British colony to one of the most prosperous countries in the world.  I know my family and I can live the life we live because he did what he had to do.

Thank you Mr. Lee Kuan Yew for all that you have done for this little red dot.  Thank you for all the hard decisions, the unpopular but necessary ones too, and for devoting your entire life to the betterment of this nation.

Rest in peace Mr. Lee Kuan Yew.  Today, I mourn with the rest of my fellow countrymen at the lost of one of the most important men in the history of our young nation.

3 comments:

David said...

I love you!

Wei Hao said...

お疲れ様でした、リーさん

A most insightful week of soul searching for many of us.

just me said...

I have to agree. I did spend the week just reading everything and watching everything about Mr. Lee. I found out that I knew soooooo little him. :(

Since the mourning period for Mr. Lee was 7 days, I too decided not to post anything after this tribute post for 7 days because I too was in mourning. :(