description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Ieiri Leo ~ Hello to the World - LE (TypeB) unboxing


And finally, the unboxing for Ieiri Leo's (家入レオ) "Hello to the World". :)  I had hoped to get to this last night so that I could do the FictionJunction Club Live goods and maybe some ufotable related post today but that never happened.  I came back and crashed out after dinner so I think those will have to wait a bit.  First, I'll do Ieiri's CD first. :)

I pre-ordered the Regular Edition and the Limited Edition (Type B).  I kind of regret not getting the Limited Edition (Type A) instead of the RE.  For some reason, I can no longer recall why, I chose the RE over the LE.  This means that I don't have on DVD, the new MV or the making-of of that MV.  The RE has one extra track but it's only the TV Version of "Obake no Namida" soooooooo..... I have decided that I will sell this single sealed and unopened.  That'll be in another post though which I'll put up another day, so if anyone is interested, please wait for that. :)

For now....let's get to the unboxing.

First up, the rest of the photos. :)

       

So you have photos of the single with and without the plastic shrink wrap, as well as the photos of the CD insert and the CDs themselves.

I keep forgetting that the LE (Type B) is a 2 CD release not a 1 CD + DVD release. Sadly, it's not live footage nor are they live versions.  When these were announced, it was during a pretty messy time at my workplace and although I knew I would order these, I didn't really read the announces properly, hence, my mistake.

Still, this is a minor thing, I would still have ordered this version regardless.  I prefer it if the bonus tracks are tracks from her lives but this is fine too.  Extra tracks are always welcome, especially if they are good! :)

Now, I have a particular fondness for the two extra tracks on the 2nd CD.  When I was at Zepp DiverCity for her live on Feb 2nd, she sang both these songs live. :)  At that time, I actually didn't remember/know that these were the two songs that would be included into this bonus CD. LOL Yeah, I was kinda out of things during that period it seems.  I thought then that Ieiri did a splendid job with them at the live so it's nice to have these two covers on CD too.  Although, I would still have preferred live versions because that would be closer to my memories of that extremely enjoyable live. :)

Ieiri's image for the covers on this release is a little more matured than her previous releases, I think. Nothing wrong with it.  Just different from her more casual image from most of her earlier releases. Maybe they are trying to slowly change her image to a more matured one?  I have no idea.  That we'll only know for sure as more releases are released.

As for the songs, nothing ultra different from Ieiri, I suppose.  But this release should please fans who like her usual style.  Since I do like her usual sound, I have no big problems with the songs.  "Hello to the World" is a nice and energetic pop-rock song.  Lots of nice guitar bits in there too and if you listen to the instrumentals without the vocals, its even more apparent.  The more I listen to it, the more I like it.  I do think that it won't challenge my top 5 Ieiri songs though.  "Obake no Namida" is a a slower song if we compare it to "Hello to the World".  But on its own its like a mid-tempo pop song.  It's nice enough and has a cute intro which I think would work very well for the purposes it was written for.  It was written for Minna no Uta, an NHK program which is generally aimed at a younger audience.

Although, the jury is out on how well I will take to "Hello to the World" and "Obake no Namida", I might very well grow quite, quite fond of it.  When I first hear "Kimi ga Kureta Natsu", I didn't think it would be high on my "like" list too.  But that song really grew on me and I am quite happy to hear it every time it comes up on my playlist. I'm pretty happy that the piano version of this song is on this CD too.  If I remember correctly, it was previously only a digital release on Japan iTunes or something like that...I think.

Listening to Ieiri always makes me want to pick up my guitar and practice....but not today....today, I have some homework I need to get done for class tomorrow. Then I will sleep early. :)

cheers

No comments: