description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Saturday, January 17, 2015

angela streams short version of "Exist" (Soukyuu no Fafner: EXODUS OP)


HI!!!!! I'm back!!!!  Well... I'm really not sure how active I will be able to be on the blog at this point in time. I've been extremely busy at work with a shot that is proving to be more difficult to finish than I hoped. :(  Also, I'm determined to try and prepare myself better for many of the new challenges ahead this year at work.  This means a word that so many Singaporeans seem to dread.... UPGRADE!!! :)  Well, I firmly believe in the Chinese saying "活 到 老,学 到 老"  so I don't really have a problem with it but it also means that a large portion of my time will have to be spent on tutorials and practice.  Ganbarimasu!! :)
That said, I would also like to get back to blogging and sharing with like-minded people stuff that I like, so here we go a post about angela, one of my favourite anisong artistes of all time.  While I'm not quite as obsessed with them as Kajiura Yuki, FictionJunction and Kalafina, I really do like angela a lot which is why I have already pre-ordered their soon to be released single and album for the Soukyuu no Fafner series. :)

First... check this out... King Records began streaming a short 1:30 min version of "Exist" a few days ago.



I think most angela fans should be happy with what they've released so far. This has all the trademarks of the kind of angela song that drew most of their fans to the group in the first place.  I know I'm happy enough with it and keen to hear more.

The single will be released pretty soon.  It's slated for an 11th Feb release. :)  There will be two versions.  A Limited Edition which will come with the full version of the MV on a Blu-ray.  YAY for Blu-ray because a better quality is always welcomed. :)  The other version that will be released is the Anime Version.

 Limited Edition cover art



Anime Version cover art



Both versions will contain the same tracklist, which is the OP, a coupling song and off-vocal versions of both songs:

1 EXIST イグジスト
2 ANYA KOURO 暗夜航路
3 EXIST
4 ANYA KOURO

The first press release will come with these items according to CDJapan:
transparent case, outer box, a card randomly selected from five kinds, serial number (valid only in Japan)

CDJapan is also offering a CDJapan exclusive tokuten.  They'll be giving out a large size photo with the purchase of either version of the single.  The photo's dimensions will be 8.9cmx 12.7cm which is pretty big. :)

The serial number gives you priority reservation for tickets to angela's tour which begins in July this year.  If I was going to be in Japan during that period, I would definitely attempt to go for this live but I've already decided to try and go for Kajiura Yuki's series of lives in June which would mean that I would not be able to make angela's or Ieiri Leo's tours. :(

Although I would love to buy EVERY version of their releases, I'm preparing to go to Japan next month which means, I have to be a little careful with how I spend my money. So I've only pre-ordered the Anime Version of Exist.  I have, however, also pre-ordered an angela album which would be released on the same day as Exist. :)

Soukyuu no Fafner Complete Best



The other album should be of interest to all angela and Fafner fans is the scheduled release of the Soukyuu no Fafner Complete Best album. This album will contain all the songs that angela has ever written and sung for the Fafner animes until the songs for season two.  That's 21 songs in total on two discs.

Here's the tracklist:

1 fly me to the sky
2 Proof
3 Shangri-La
4 Shangri-La [mf]
5 Separation
6 Separation [pf]
7 約束
8 innocence
9 DEAD SET
10 Peace of mind
11 FORTUNES
12 理解と破壊へのプレリュード
13 果て無きモノローグ
14 蒼穹
15 さよならの時くらい微笑んで
16 Remember me
17 生命-いのち-
18 azul
19 terra
20 flugel
21 Mystic Girl

This contains the theme songs and the characters songs too.  I must say, this is a pretty cool release.  I didn't start liking angela that early in their career so I don't have most of their releases and haven't heard several songs on this compilation because I've not yet watched the Fafner animes. So this was a release that I really wanted to pick up, so it's in pre-order too.

The first press bonus for this release is a transparent case.  AND CDJapan is also giving out a CDJapan exclusive tokuten with this release.  They'll be giving out a KG-size portrait.  I did a search on the internet and a KG-size portrait seems to be a 4R (4 x 6 inches) size print of the artiste.

I'll try and do an un-boxing of both the single and this album when I get it.  But I'll be picking it up when I go to Japan at the end of Feb, so the un-boxing posts will probably only get then sometime during March. :)

Okay... that's it for now... I have homework and some software stuff I need/want to try out.  So I'll leave my other planned posts for another day if I have time. :)  For now... have a good weekend everyone. :)

No comments: