description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Kalafina ~ heavenly blue (Aldnoah.Zero OP single) - unboxing

I've been pretty busy at work again, hence the lack of updates.  Kalafina's been in the news a lot lately, at least a lot for Kalafina, but I'm not really keeping up that much.  Too busy with work and work related stuff.

I've got some things I would like to get to tonight too.  So I'll quickly do this Kalafina unboxing and maybe write up another unrelated post right after this... maybe. :)

Let's cut to the chase. :)



I forgot to shoot a photo of the postcard that comes free with the purchase of the single from CDJapan. Unfortunately, there were only limited numbers of this postcard and they are not giving them out any more.  I don't really have time to shoot a separate photo for the postcard, so this will have to do.  If you want a proper scanned photo of it, CLICK ME to go an earlier post which has this picture.

Okay, here we go:

  

Here are the photos of the cover of the single tray digipak packaging for this single.  As usual, I shot photos of the single with the plastic wrapping on and off.

  

There is an booklet included in this release.  There is no pocket or holder etc to hold the booklet in there, it's just placed there in the middle.  That booklet contains the storyboard of the opening animation for the Aldnoah.Zero anime.

So instead of printing the lyrics and the credit page on a separate insert booklet, they printed it on the digipack itself.

I don't know about the design that's printed on the CD itself.  I'm not really loving that orange....

   

The above are some sample photos of the storyboard insert booklet.  I didn't shoot many because I actually shot this before I dashed off for work this morning and I was in a real hurry.

I'm really quite happy that they gave us the storyboard for the WHOLE opening animation.  That's really cool.  When they announced that they were going to give us the storyboard in the insert booklet, they released a sample page of the storyboard.  I wasn't sure then if it was only going to be just a few pages or the whole storyboard.  So I'm really pleased to find out that it's really the whole thing.  That's so awesome. For me, it made it all the more worth it for me to buy this single.  I didn't really need to since I already have the song "heavenly blue" from the THE BEST "Blue" album.  The only additional tracks that I get would be the "heveanly blue ~ instrumental" and the "heavenly blue ~ tv size" tracks which aren't really "must haves".  I have to confess that I am a big Kalafina fan, hence, the purchase of this single.  So I am happy, very happy, that at lease I get something quite worth getting in my book. :)

The booklet is 26 pages long, not including the cover and the back.  You only get one coloured illustration from the anime and that's on page 1. After that you get 24 pages of pure storyboard goodness. :)  It's actually kind of fun to watch the opening animation against the storyboard. :)

 

 

Finally, aside from that you get the usual leaflet that gives the buyer information about joining the fanclub as well as info on their lives etc.

That's it.  If you're looking of photos of the trio, you won't find it in this release.  But if you're a fan of the anime, if you like storyboards, if you don't already own the song and if you like the song, then I think this is not a bad purchase at all. :)

If you wish to purchase this release, you are welcome to use the web-store that I buy most of my stuff from. Here you go... click the link below. :)

Heavenly Blue LE CD

Okay... I think I'll try and write another post real quick. :)

No comments: