description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Ieiri Leo ~ 純情 (Dragon Ball Z Kai OP single) - unboxing

I shot these photos last week actually but I just couldn't find the time to do them.  I have have also shot photos of Ieiri Leo's "a boy" concert BD release but that'll have to wait a bit.  Maybe tomorrow or later in the week, we'll see.

Aside from the blog, I have added another obligation to my busy life :P and I also really need to work on tutorials on Nuke and I really want to get better at drawing, so I really do need to work more on some digital painting or something similar but it's all talk if I don't actually go and do them.  So I'll still be updating the blog, it is still a major interest for me but I may not be as active as I was a month or two ago.  Let's hope I can hold it all together. :P

Okay, enough about me, let's cut to the chase. :)

First up PHOTOS!!!! :)

      


The above are the photos of the Limited Anime Version release.

      

The above are photos of the CD+DVD Limited Edition.

Here are the tracks that you get on each of the limited editions.  You'll also find links to CDJapan next to the titles of each version.  This is for the convenience of those who wish to pick up these singles at the webstore that I usually use.

Limited Edition A (CD+DVD)  CLICK ME
CD :
01. 纯情 
02. For you
03. a boy (Acoustic Version)
04. 纯情 (Instrumental)
05. For you (Instrumental)

【DVD】
「纯情」Music Video
「纯情」MV Making
「a boy ~3rd Live Tour~」ダイジェストムービー


(Anime Version) Limited Edition B CLICK ME
01. 纯情
02. 纯情 (Instrumental)
03. a boy (Acoustic Version)
04. 太阳の女神 (Acoustic Version)


Aside from the "junjo", the CDs also include the coupling song "For You" and acoustic versions of "a boy" and "taiyou no megami".  While "junjo" isn't my favourite Ieiri Leo song, I still like it enough.  And I actually think that the singles are also worth picking up for the coupling song and the acoustic versions of "a boy", "taiyou no megami".  While "junjo" is a fast paced pop-rock number, "For You" is a very sweet ballad.  Both songs show case Ieiri's talents quite well.  She's really quite able to sing in several genres quite well indeed.  She sounds quite the rocker in songs like "junjo"and really sweet in songs like "For You".  Good stuff from Ieiri.

There is a 3rd version of this release.  This is the Regular Edition and this is the track-list.

Regular Edition (CD) CLICK ME
01. 纯情
02. For you
03. 太阳の女神 (Acoustic Version)
04. 纯情 (Instrumental)
05. For you (Instrumental)


The best way to get the best bang for your buck, if you don't want to pick up all 3 editions is to do what I did and just buy the two limited editions.  This way, you'll get all the tracks and also get the DVD.  While I really do like Ieiri Leo, my wallets don't run so deep and I already spend a ton of Kajiura Yuki,  FictionJunction and Kalafina releases and the occasional angela release so if possible I don't pick up all versions of Ieiri Leo's releases.

Anyway, I also took a few screen captures of the DVD so that you can see what you will get on the DVD.  I didn't bother to do screen captures at full screen since the DVD resolution is no longer considered high and even if I captured it at full screen, it still wouldn't look that good and take up more unnecessary storage space.  So I captured them at the original resolution.



This is a screen capture of the menu page.


 

Two captures from the making off video.

 

And two more from the digest which includes an interview with Ieiri and snippets of her singing in one of the lives on her tour.

Also, here is a preview version of the MV for Junjo.  This is an official release, so there should be no danger of it disappearing from youtube. :)



And here's a clip from her appearance at the Rock in Japan Festival.  It's a short clip of her singing "For You" live.



I wish that SMEJ will do the same for Kalafina's videos.  Seriously, I know I'm not the only one that fell in love with Ieiri Leo through YouTube.  I also got to know Perfume and KPP through YouTube.  Ah well... at least ufotable's latest vidoes for FSN Unlimited Blade Works aren't region locked.  Something to be grateful for. :)

Okay... I need to go sleep now.  That's it from me for today. :)  Hopefully, I can blog a bit tomorrow and the day after too.

For now... Oyasumi. :)

2 comments:

shangyou said...

Uuuuuwaaaaah you got the Dragon Ball single! :O

just me said...

LOL !!!

It is Ieiri Leo mah... I am becoming quite a big fan. :P