description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Kara no Kyoukai: Mirai Fukuin Extra Chorus Limited Edition Blu-ray unboxing

I'm going to have to speed through this and try and not be too verbose. It's been a while since I have been able leave work on time and I've spend most of the night just resting.  I would like to try and sleep by midnight because I have some sleep debt I must repay but I don't want to delay these unboxings too long because if I do... they will just not get done like a quite a few previous times... so I must be as quick as possible. :)

First up, photos of the Blu-ray boxset, with and without the plastic packaging and the slip of paper (which I just found out is called an OBI paper ring) round the slipcase.

      

I also shot a close up of the cover so that you can see that the of the movie and the graphic underneath is embossed.

Here are the photos of the contents of the boxset.

      

The 8 Panel 4 Tray DigiPak slips out easily probably because the cardboard that holds everything together is made from a nice glossy material.  Several sheets of advertising material have been packed into the case. Not that I'm complaining :) since one of the leaflets comes with reprints of the Fate/Stay Night and KnK artwork. :)

The limited edition comes with the Mirai Fukuin and Extra Chorus on a BD disc each.  The BD also comes with extras like the promotional videos etc.  Sadly, I haven't had time to watch the BDs yet... really v v v busy with work. :'(

The soundtrack CD contains tracks for both the main Mirai Fukuin movie as well as the approximately 30 minutes Extra Chorus.  The last 6 tracks on the CD belong to Extra Chorus.


  

The above are photos of the pamphlet containing the tracklist and information for the soundtrack and the Drama CD.  The pamphlet also opens up to reveal a printout of a Q&A between Kinoko Nasu, Takeshi Takeuchi and the fans.  If I remember correctly, these questions come from an open invite to the fans to write in with questions.

    

The above are photos of a few pages from the booklet.  It's printed on nice thick paper and contains a summary of the films, illustrations, artwork, character designs, storyboards etc.  And yes, unfortunately, that last photo is out of focus. :(

   

The Limited Edition also comes packed with an envelope containing 6 large postcards with really nice artwork printed on it. :)

Finally, I want to end off the unboxing with a few photos of this boxset placed next to one of the Limited Edition DVDs that was released for the first seven movies.

  

This isn't my favourite KnK movie.  My favourite is Paradox Sprial but I don't own that yet.  I only have the first 4 limited edition dvd boxsets.  Someday, when I have enough money, I will pick up the final 3 dvd sets.  Hopefully, I can still find them.

The packaging for Mirai Fukuin Extra Chorus kept very much in keeping with the past Limited Edition releases.  Even the contents aren't that different.  They each have a glossy pamphlet with the tracklist for the CDs, they also have a thin booklet and a black envelope with postcards.

Fans of the series should be quite pleased with this release.  I'm happy they kept the packaging consistent with the previous releases because it'll fit in nice and beautifully with the rest of my KnK boxsets.

If you wish to get this boxset from the place I got it from... here are the links. :)  The one that I picked up and unboxed is the Limited Edition Blu-ray set

Knk: Mirai Fukuin / Mirai Fukuin Extra Chorus Blu-ray with CD Limited Edition
KnK: Mirai Fukuin / Mirai Fukuin Extra Chorus DVD with CD Limited Edition
KnK: Mirai Fukuin Regular Edition
KnK: Mirai Fukuin Extra Chorus Regular Edition

And I've gone past my midnight deadline... it's now just after 1230am... that's it for now... I have run out of time... if tomorrow isn't a crazy day, I will do the Ieiri Leo "a boy" unboxing and hopefully some other stuff I have been putting off...  for now... time to sleep. :)

But before I do that... here is the postcard from the KnK: Garan no Dou boxset.  This is my favourite character from KnK... surprise, surprise... it's isn't Shiki :) .  It is Aozaki Touko who is also voiced by one of my favourite seiyuu, Honda Takako who by the way has a small role in Majocco no Shimai Yoyo to Nene... I recognized her voice immediately when I saw the movie in the cinema about two weeks ago... yay!! :)



Oyasumi!! :)

5 comments:

Stripey said...

Very nice indeed! As expected, the Japanese blu-rays live up to their expectations (and price tag :P) I probably wouldn't be getting Mirai fukuin blu-ray. Saving for Madoka 3rd movie :P

As for KnK DVDs. I would suggest getting the blu-ray set instead. I have some of the KnK limited DVDs (1,3,5,6) and the blu-ray box set. While the blu-ray is not exactly true HD, it still beats DVD visually and the price difference is not that stark. Of course unless you are gunning for the OSTs in the limited DVDs... :))

just me said...

Sorry for the late reply.... been awfully busy at work and spent a lot of time on Sunday sleeping... I simply could not stay awake for most of the day. :( Wanted to do the Ieiri Leo "a boy" unboxing but had to give that up... health comes first. :(

On a brighter note... yup, Japanese packaging is, in my opinion, one of the best in the world, if not the best. :) The price tag is, LOL, one of the best too. :P

I think the Madoka: Rebellion packaging could be very nice because I felt that the packaging for the box set for the previous 2 movies was a winner. I'm totally looking forward to getting my copy next month. :)

I wanted to get that blu-ray set... it has English subtitles and the KnK remix: Gate of Heaven movie, right? But, LOL, you guessed right.... I am gunning for the OSTs in the LE DVD sets... if it wasn't for those OSTs, I would have bought the BD box set. If only they included those OSTs in into the BD set...that would have been the perfect version for me. :)

just me said...

Oh... and the KnK: Epilogue is also in that BD set right?

Sigh... if only the OSTs were in that set too. :(

Stripey said...

No worries! You take care. I value sleep very highly too. Health issues can come with inadequate rest. Hope you feeling more refreshed! :)

The KnK Blu-ray sets comes with the 7 movies and the epilogue. Yes English subs. :) No Gate of heaven remix and no OSTs though :( But the packaging and the artbook is delicious (velvet covers)

If you keen on cheaper alternatives for the KnK DVDs. You may wish to consider Taiwanese license. The limited sets comes with the OSTs.

http://dvd.jsdvd.com/advanced_search_result.php?categories_id=&inc_subcat=1&keywords=garden+of+sinners+limited&x=0&y=0

JSDVD mall ships to Sg directly. :)

And yes I hear you on the Blu-ray + OSTs combo. That would be the ultimate deal! :)

just me said...

Hello Stripey... late reply again... gomen. :(

I do feel a lot better now... I had to force myself to keep the computer at home off so that I would get to bed earlier and sleep earlier. I'm still not at a 100 percent but I feel loads better. Thanks!! :)

Oh... no Gate of Heaven remix... for some reason, I thought it was on that set. Oh... the artbook with velvet covers.... sounds GOOD!! And English subs would be nice... and it would be cool to get the epilogue too.

Thanks sooooooooooooooo much for the link to the Taiwan website. Hmmmm... it might be good to get the last 3 sets via Taiwan because they would have Chinese subs. :) I'm really tempted now. :P