description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Friday, March 28, 2014

Ieiri Leo ~ a boy - unboxing

Actually, this is a pretty simple unboxing.  I'm not even sure why it took me sooooo long to do it.  I think I originally planned on writing more extensively about the music etc but work was crazy and I am/was not a 100% fit so I kept procrastinating. :(

So anyway... here it is finally... the Ieiri Leo "a boy" album unboxing.  I only bought the Limited Edition so that'll be the version that I will unbox. :)

First up... all the photos of the CD which comes with a DVD.

       

And... um... yeah... that's my Madoka Magica deskmat underneath. :P

As usual, I shot photos of the disc with the shrink wrap on and off.  It's a pretty standard packaging.  The lyrics booklet does have quite a lot of nice photos of Ieiri.  But of course, it's the music that interests me the most. :)

I'm actually quite happy with this purchase because I only just started liking her music.  The "Chocolate" single is my first Ieiri purchase, this is only my second.  (for the Chocolate unboxing ~ CLICK ME)

So although there are several songs on "a boy" which aren't new, since I don't have any studio recordings of all the older songs except for "Chocolate", I was more than happy to get them in the album. :)  When I have more money, I will buy her first album "Leo".

IMO, Ieiri is a really excellent live performer and her music is quite varied too.  Ieiri writes her own music which makes me think that she probably listens very widely as well.  I mean, how many musicians in Japan would have a song like "Papa & Mama" along side something like "Chocolate" in their album.  Although I tend to prefer her rockier songs, I think she sounds quite sweet in ballads and very moving in pop rock too. I wish my music vocabulary was better, then I could write better comments on Kajiura Yuki, Kalafina and Ieiri Leo... :(

My favourite from all the new songs on "a boy" are Carnival, Kibou no Hoshi and Lay Me Down.  I really think that Ieiri Leo is headed for bigger things.  It's unlikely that she'll ever come down to Singapore to perform... but if she ever does... I'll be one of the first in line to buy a ticket to see her live, that's for sure. :)

If you're interested in picking up her album too.  Here are the direct links to CDJapan's product pages.

Ieiri Leo ~ a boy LE (with DVD)
Ieiri Leo ~ a boy RE

Also, here is the CM for this album.  I think I have never put it up on the blog.


Actually, as I was writing up the last bit of this entry, I was listeing to her album at the same time... and I must say "Too Many" is a really good song too. :)

K... it's past midnight. :(  I need to sleep soon ... I need to start on working on focusing more in the future so that I can get things done faster when I'm home from work.... I was going to write another post... on a different band that I re-discovered...but I think I'll leave that for another day. :)

No comments: